Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta North Slope Lakes?
Any reports from Uinta north slope lakes? What are they taking etc?
I have usually been 3 or 4 times by now and could give ya a report but been tied up moving. That said, I have kept track of other reports from people I trust..

WHITNEY - is normally great in early June and has been for a couple weeks. Gets crowded fast

HOURGLASS up by big elk may have partially winter killed.

The roadside lakes like Trial, Mirror, and others have had mixed reports but ok for planters.

Mill hollow had great early reports but not seen anything recent

Smith and Moorhouse had some good early grayling action but is pretty crowded all week now

Stateline and the lakes above it had some good reports.

Powerbait for the planters. Jake's lure for the Tigers. A renegade or Elkhair caddis for the brookies or cuts. Pick your posion and enjoy

Heck it is June - just go. June is great fishing up there before the heat waves and skeeters. If they are not on at lakes hit the streams and enjoy
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-16-2020, 03:18 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I have usually been 3 or 4 times by now and could give ya a report but been tied up moving. That said, I have kept track of other reports from people I trust..

WHITNEY - is normally great in early June and has been for a couple weeks. Gets crowded fast

HOURGLASS up by big elk may have partially winter killed.

The roadside lakes like Trial, Mirror, and others have had mixed reports but ok for planters.

Mill hollow had great early reports but not seen anything recent

Smith and Moorhouse had some good early grayling action but is pretty crowded all week now

Stateline and the lakes above it had some good reports.

Powerbait for the planters. Jake's lure for the Tigers. A renegade or Elkhair caddis for the brookies or cuts. Pick your posion and enjoy

Heck it is June - just go. June is great fishing up there before the heat waves and skeeters. If they are not on at lakes hit the streams and enjoy

Awesome - Thanks
It's been ten years since I've hiked up to the Uintas. But the last time I was there, I found that the big brook trout were biting on Castmasters more than anything. There were several of my friends and there kids there. And I was the only one that has a few Castmasters. The flies and spinners didn't do that well. I caught more than all others combined. I had 4 lb. test and eventually lost all 3 of my lures. It didn't seem to matter the color. I had a blue/silver, a silver and a brass colored one and they all caught fish, almost every cast. Just cast and reel back slow.
(06-15-2020, 10:37 PM)Blacky41975 Wrote: Any reports from Uinta north slope lakes? What are they taking etc?
Like he said it's June. Just go. North Slope lakes and streams don't have highly educated trout especially before 4th of July. Let us know who you do. I wish I had time to go. I don't have time to fish for a couple weeks. But then I have 12 days off around the 4th of July. Not sure I'll hit the north slope as I have my eye on Wyoming streams.
I would imagine that the flies don't work so well now because there aren't a ton of terrestrials out yet. Once the mosquitoes and other insects are out in force, the flies should start working.