Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeon
On the old site I was messaging with someone about getting together to go sturgeon fishing.  I would love to reconnect but I can’t access those messages anymore.  I believe he lived in Riverton.  Does anyone know Him?  Feel free to PM me if you want.

Thanks

Thorny
PM sent
liketrolling lives in that area and sturgeon fishes quite often.
i lived in riverton and sturgeon fish several times a year, i live in grantsville now though, first trip is next weekend!!
If it's possible, I'd love to come sturgeon fishing and learn the ropes as well.
I would love to take you but at this point I probably know less than you about it ?
(06-17-2020, 01:41 PM)Ramen4Breakfast Wrote: If it's possible, I'd love to come sturgeon fishing and learn the ropes as well.

PM sent.
its definitely expensive, weve stayed in the koa at bliss a few times but prefer to just tent it on the river, im upgrading my gear this year so if anyones intrested in my rod reel combo from last year pm me, its a 12 foot rood and salt water reel havent decided on a price yet was thinking of keeping it as back up, we use morts aka baby trout and 10oz pyramids from shore and have got a few over 7 feet and this rod reel combo handled it, just switching to a baitcaster.
(06-18-2020, 01:45 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote:  just switching to a baitcaster.

A bait caster reel for sturgeon??  How much line does this new bait caster hold. I've seen some sturgeon take out 300 yards with no problem at all, I've never heard of anyone using a reel like that for sturgeon.