Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Night Kokanee Fishing
I have been researching Kokanee night fishing and have found some techniques that have worked in Washington State. Has anyone targeted and caught Kokanee at night on Strawberry. If so what techniques did you use.
Good question. I’ve wondered about that myself.
On my bucket list is to head to Strawberry on a moonless night and sleep on the boat until 3:00 a.m. and then fish using DIY dodgers with lots of Art-N-Glow glow powder activated by a florescent light (Robert G has a video on YouTube on how to make these). It is a great "dark sky" area, and and like you, I'm interesting in experimenting with night fishing using glow techniques.
Have wondered about that as well. I know a guy from Washington that has some techniques the use up there with success that he has shared with me. A couple buddies and I have talked about trying them locally. Not sure if/when we will actually do it, but we are hoping to try it a night this year on a local Kokanee water.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
(06-25-2020, 11:01 PM)pescadorutah Wrote: I have been researching Kokanee night fishing and have found some techniques that have worked in Washington State. Has anyone targeted and caught Kokanee at night on Strawberry. If so what techniques did you use.
I do and it is fun but you will catch a lot more cuts than Kokanee  sometimes you can not keep the cuts off.
(06-26-2020, 09:38 PM)liketrolling Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 11:01 PM)pescadorutah Wrote: I have been researching Kokanee night fishing and have found some techniques that have worked in Washington State. Has anyone targeted and caught Kokanee at night on Strawberry. If so what techniques did you use.
I do and it is fun but you will catch a lot more cuts than Kokanee  sometimes you can not keep the cuts off.
Thanks for the info everyone I am going to try and will post next week.