Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaver Creek (Logan Canyon)
Question 
Every time I drive through Logan Canyon on the way to Bear Lake, Beaver Creek always looks a great place to fish, but I never see anyone fishing that far up from the Logan River. From what I've read, there are brookies and cutts so I wonder why I never see anyone fishing there. Have any of you fished it? If so, what flies should I try?
Maybe because it's closed until the second saturday in July. I fished it a couple of years ago on my way back from scout camp on Bear Lake. It was nonstop with a fish everywhere you thought a fish should be hitting hoppers with reckless abandon.
Other issue with Beaver creek is it turns into Idaho really fast, the part that looks best to me is in Idaho and since I don't have a season Idaho license and don't want to buy a day permit to fish for dinky trout, i haven't fished the top end... but some day when I get an Idaho season permit, I'll have to go try it... I have caught cutties in the lower Utah section, but never found much over 12" at best... The creek up Franklin Basin seems to have a little better fish to me, but again it has that shortened season due to the spawning, so keep that in mind... Like mentioned hopper season is crazy up there, so get your hopper fly and have some fun... Good luck... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(06-25-2020, 11:40 PM)PescadorPecador Wrote: Every time I drive through Logan Canyon on the way to Bear Lake, Beaver Creek always looks a great place to fish, but I never see anyone fishing that far up from the Logan River. From what I've read, there are brookies and cutts so I wonder why I never see anyone fishing there. Have any of you fished it? If so, what flies should I try?
There are no fish at that high elevation try down lower. Wink