Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Surprise
I fished Willard on Tues by freeway bay.  I was working the bottom when one of my rods bent like I hooked something that wasn't a fish and wasn't bottom.  I reeled it in and to my surprise it was a trolling rod with the lure still hooked to it.  It looked like it had been in the water a while.  I'd love to hear the story and get it back to its owner.  I won't put details here so someone can identify it if they lost one.  I think the reel is probably shot but maybe someone could clean it up.
(07-17-2020, 03:34 AM)eddoman Wrote: I fished Willard on Tues by freeway bay.  I was working the bottom when one of my rods bent like I hooked something that wasn't a fish and wasn't bottom.  I reeled it in and to my surprise it was a trolling rod with the lure still hooked to it.  It looked like it had been in the water a while.  I'd love to hear the story and get it back to its owner.  I won't put details here so someone can identify it if they lost one.  I think the reel is probably shot but maybe someone could clean it up.
I lost one earlier this year a white 6' MH casting rod with a gold Shimano Real with high visibility mono on it.
(07-17-2020, 02:48 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 03:34 AM)eddoman Wrote: I fished Willard on Tues by freeway bay.  I was working the bottom when one of my rods bent like I hooked something that wasn't a fish and wasn't bottom.  I reeled it in and to my surprise it was a trolling rod with the lure still hooked to it.  It looked like it had been in the water a while.  I'd love to hear the story and get it back to its owner.  I won't put details here so someone can identify it if they lost one.  I think the reel is probably shot but maybe someone could clean it up.
I lost one earlier this year a white 6' MH casting rod with a gold Shimano Real with high visibility mono on it.
Crazy,  but that is an exact description.  I'm glad  I caught it or I would have been skunked.  I'm  in Plain City.   I'd be happy to run it to you, meet you somewhere, or you can grab it here when you're out this way.  Message me and we can make a plan.
(07-17-2020, 07:05 PM)eddoman Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 02:48 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
Crazy,  but that is an exact description.  I'm glad  I caught it or I would have been skunked.  I'm  in Plain City.   I'd be happy to run it to you, meet you somewhere, or you can grab it here when you're out this way.  Message me and we can make a plan.
PM Sent
HAHA! Awesome!
Pretty cool
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring