Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Tough for Kokes and a Zoo
Wee, Have to report the good with the bad. I had not been up to Jordanelle for a couple weeks or so, but  I needed to get out bad !!! Against my better judgement decided to try early Saturday and then leave early. Looking at my notes we were killing them last year at the same time and later.
Well the Skunk got in the boat and never left. I tried several areas that usually produce, multiple depths from up shallow to 40 feet and multiple blade squid set ups. Did not mark much of anything anywhere. For the first time I can remember not even one landed Koke or even a hit !! We fished for Kokes for only about 2 hours, in past trips we usually can get a few or even limits. Boat traffic was already picking up so we hit some areas to try for wipers or SMB for an hour or so. Got a few SMB no wipers. Then it was getting crazy with the power squad !! We bailed about 10:45, there was a line of boat trailer launching and loading. We found out the had closed the ramp for new launches and the entry gates. No one was allowed in until enough left. They had it posted as a 2 hour wait !!! It was a ZOO Glad we got out when we did! Weekends not good !!
Mildog out
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
I had been thinking of giving it a try, but had not heard or seen any reports lately.  Your report wasn't encouraging, but it was also a weekend and quite the zoo as you stated.