Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would Like to thank the one who took all my squids out of my boat
yesterday at Strawberry someone took all my squids out of my boat about 5 years worth it was a big box and they could see what they were getting.  it had to be some one parked by the boat at the dock when I walked up to get my truck and trailer to load the boat to go home.
If they had have asked me I would have gave them a hand full.  so hope they catch a lot of kokanne with them.
Just saw they were gone today

about three weeks ago had a ice chest in the back of the truck some one took that.
Apparently, they wouldn't have been satisfied with a handful! Hopefully, "what goes around comes around" and they get theirs someday soon.
That sucks man! I would be pissed!
I feel your pain.  I think we had a discussion on thieves.  I was watching your boat and did not see anyone around it when I left to hit the facilities.  And you were already back out there when I got out.  Must have been someone who knows you and was watching for the right opportunity.  I hate thieves.
Hopefully they get a hook or two in the their hand up past the barb. ?

Does Strawberry Bay Marina have any security cameras?
(07-21-2020, 08:02 PM)liketrolling Wrote: yesterday at Strawberry someone took all my squids out of my boat about 5 years worth it was a big box and they could see what they were getting.  it had to be some one parked by the boat at the dock when I walked up to get my truck and trailer to load the boat to go home.
If they had have asked me I would have gave them a hand full.  so hope they catch a lot of kokanne with them.

about three weeks ago had a ice chest in the back of the truck some one took that.

I'm really sorry to hear that buddy. That's so disappointing!
Sunrise on the water
I get nervous stealing M&Ms from my wife while watching a movie. I can't imagine the nerve to be watching your boat until you walk away then pilfering your tackle box. That really takes a complete lack of morals
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Well hopefully the idiot posts a picture holding his fish with your unique squid in the pic. Busted!
Sorry about that Robert. What a bummer - you are so generous with your time and equipment - can't believe it would be returned with such disregard.
Can't trust anyone anymore, I lock the car when I go into the gas station in my little town.
Sorry to hear that Robert, thieves suck
(07-21-2020, 08:02 PM)liketrolling Wrote: yesterday at Strawberry someone took all my squids out of my boat about 5 years worth it was a big box and they could see what they were getting.  it had to be some one parked by the boat at the dock when I walked up to get my truck and trailer to load the boat to go home.

I have never met you but man that makes me sick, i usually have some one with me that stays in the boat when I go get my truck as that would make me nervous to leave my gear in my boat at the dock in this day and age. So sorry for your loss.
I've been either making my own, or customizing all hoochies/squids out of the package for a couple years now...Robert, I feel your pain....if somone got mine, like yours, after all that work....dang, that's alot of time and money to replace....I'd really feel PO'd, and let down by what I'd thought was a 'brotherhood' in our fishing community....Hope they didn't get any of your customized dodgers....I still use some of those I got from you a couple years ago....guess I'll post a 'watch' from now on, and take turns for the jon....
Monday was a day where it wasn't crowded or busy a the docks tempting a thief to case a boat. Sorry to hear it was yours Robert. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF

Sorry to hear that my friend. You are very generous with your knowledge and always helpful to everyone. Then there is the fact that thiefs suck and dont belong in society.
It's the times we are living in Robert, some people think they can just do what ever they want without any consequences for their actions but I too believe that karma with get them. As much good as you do, helping everyone and going above and beyond doing it, I have to believe things like this will work out in the end. I know when stuff like this has happen to me, I usually change the way I do things, as others have suggested, leaving someone in your boat at all times would help, unless it was a rare day that you were fishing alone. Sorry this happened to you my friend.
So sorry to hear this , sickening ! I often get very worried leaving my boat alone when going to fetch the trailer. It's so unnerving to think people have no fear to go as far as get in YOUR boat and take YOUR tackle ! I wish I could get lucky enough to catch someone in the act , I'd have one helluva bonus to go with the tackle, perhaps a red hot piece of high velocity lead.
So sorry to here this. You have always been so kind at helping others out with the information you share. Pretty Sad times for sure. People have no respect for others and there property any more.
I have a about 35 that I've made and your welcome to have some to get you by until you make more. I live in Cottonwood Heights by Big Cottonwood Canyon. You can either come by or I could meet you and you can pick what you want. I hate thieves.
As Sad as it is, don't leave anything open as people are acting differently now days. Sorry for your loss, I lock my boat trailer hitch to discourage theft.
It is so depressing that someone would take from your boat, bet you will stow things from now on.