Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT KNOLLS FLOATILLA 7-27-20
Met up with fellow BFT tuber Lee and BLK and his GS crew in his boat this morning.  High 60's air temp and high 70's water temp.  Purty clouds and only a bit of a ripple on the water...laying down to glass most of the morning.

Fishing started slow and never did reach barn-burner busy.  But we all caught fish and enjoyed the lovely day on the pond.  Didn't see any bank tanglers and no other boats.

BLK's grandson...CATRAT...scored early with a nice 30 inch kitty.  But most of the rest of their 14 or so fish were in the "cookie cutter" category...early 20 inchers.  I managed about 7 fish for the day...with a 26 incher and a couple of 2-footers in the mix.  Not sure how Lee ended up.  I know he caught a few but had to leave early on family matters.

The recent Knolls fire was highly visible.  It had burned many acres all the way from the Pelican Bay Marina, over the hills and right down to the edge of the lake.  A lot of the camping and recreation area around the Knolls was toasted.  But it should turn green again next spring.  Cheat grass is tough.

Good to share some water with fellow BFT fisherfolk again.  Nice of Mama Nature to cooperate.
[Image: TUBERS-LAUNCH-RAMP.jpg][Image: CATRAT-30-INCHER.jpg][Image: TODAY-S-BIGGEST-26.jpg][Image: 2-FOOTER.jpg][Image: TODAY-S-AVERAGE-23.jpg][Image: LURE-DU-JOUR.jpg][Image: BLK-AND-CREW.jpg][Image: LEE-FIGHTING-WIND.jpg]
[Image: KNOLLS-FIRE.jpg]
A fine day indeed Pat. The clouds protected us for most of the early morning and the calm waters made it even more enjoyable. Always good to fish with you and I'm sure Lee got his share of kitties as well. 

I had intended to make the run from Lincoln to the Knolls alone but Catrat ant Catcarsen made a last minute request to go when they both had the day off from work. We spent the day dragging mostly white bass chunks and some fresh carp meat. The wb seemed to be the meal of choice for the kitties. With both g-sons fishing I was relegated to cutting bait, tying hooks, netting fish and giving helpful advice... "Even a poor fisherman would have hooked that one." I wouldn't have it any other way.

We (they) ended up with with 16 cats -- not real fast and furious but good enough to keep interest up. We caught a couple that were 26-27 inchers, the rest 22-24 inchers except for the hog Catrat caught. He will be posting it up soon so check it out on the contest page. It might be just shy of 30, weighed 11 pounds. Fun.

Always fun to fish with you and Lee. Let's do it again.

To be continued....
It was really great to be on the water with you and BLK. I only got the one to the net . The other 3 I hooked didnt want to stay for some reason. Oh well thats fishing. All of mine took the white whirly flig tipped whit white bass meat. And then my daughter happened. Sorry for the early departure . Lynn it was good to see you and your crew. Glad you had a good day and good job passing it on.[Image: DSCN2890.jpg]