Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry very quite for us in more then 1 way
One of my wife’s good friends came out to pick up a pup from a relative and brought her son who loves to fish so as the girls did their thing today I took Grant up to the Berry to catch his 1st koke and cutt. Went out to where Bduck and I got them the past 2 weeks and only found cutts, very few marks on the graph that looked like kokes so we started searching finally found a few and ended up getting 3, 2 dinks that were released and 1 keeper. The cutts were pretty much nonstop with over 25 landed and released with lots of others the were SDR’s. Caught up with Robert later in the am and chatted and plowed the same water for awhile, I’ll just say I should of zigged instead of zagged. Good to get a couple fish checked off Grants list and he was a pleasure to have onboard. The other quite part was the lack of boats, it was real quite in the lot and on the lake, pretty much nobody parked in the 2nd row at the launch and the 1st row had plenty of spots. 
[Image: F4-F6-FE1-C-5397-43-A5-A99-F-AA0623232770.jpg]

[Image: 29-DEB513-A6-C7-4386-AEE9-C8-F541353-D84.jpg]
Good to hear the crowds are slowing down, I guess heat does that every year.  Hopefully the fishing will pick up soon again.
Nice going Alan.  The lad looks very pleased.   Big Grin

Also nice to see the crowds have thinned out.  I may have to attempt a trip there soon as I have been hitting the Gorge hard this year and haven't been to the 'Berry' yet this season.  My buddy's new (to him) Ranger FS621 has not had a kokanee on board yet and needs to before it's too late this year.
Hey Alan,
Thanks for the report, sounds like fun even if it was a little slow... Sort of a long run down there for you isn't it? Makes a long day anyway... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Hey Alan, I can see Grant will be putting pressure on mom for some more Utah fishing. Glad he had a memorable day with you. My day was just as eventful in the catching Tuesday. I went out to where Alan suggested and found the kokes, getting them enticed was quite a chore. Cutts keep the skunk out of the boat but I caught more than my share of dinks. I don't know how long I was dragging a couple of those around but had no indication of a hit. Managed to bring one koke to the box and lost another that appeared to be nice size at the back of the boat. I kept changing up lures from triple teasers, to squids, to Apex's with dodgers but nothing showing any consistency with exception to the cutts. I also ventured back to Soldier Creek and found a school but no takers. Within 20min of being in SC the wind came on making it a struggle to hold course. Then went back to the Berry side and I could see this day was over early with the wind.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Roger
Yes he enjoyed his time out here and definitely wants to come back. Really was hoping you wouldn’t have the lockjaw kokes we had but I guess they aren’t ready to go on the bite for us yet
There is always next week, its a good time to relax a couple of days and stay out of this furnace that's set for 100°+. Get your yard work done early. The Berry will be there awaiting.  Cool
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF