Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signature
I went to my CP and tried to change my signature. It keeps giving me random error messages that I have too many characters. Now it will not take anything. Anyone know how to fix this?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I just noticed I didn't have a signature attached to any of my posts.  I brought up my signature and it was blank.  I copied it from another website and put it in the signature box and got the same error about too many characters.  I started deleting characters until I got below the 255 allowed and saved it.  I now have the signature you will see below.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(08-02-2020, 11:18 PM)dubob Wrote: I just noticed I didn't have a signature attached to any of my posts.  I brought up my signature and it was blank.  I copied it from another website and put it in the signature box and got the same error about too many characters.  I started deleting characters until I got below the 255 allowed and saved it.  I now have the signature you will see below.
I went thru the "too many character bit" recently while up dating my signature. I had to eliminate a few also to make it all fit.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I found my issue's cause. I had cut and pasted from a website. Didn't like it, so I just typed it in and all was well.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.