Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic Strawberry season finale
My family and I had our last weekend at fish camp up at Strawberry this weekend. My wife, granddaughter and I got 10 kokes and numerous cutts on Friday morning with my wife catching the most fish she ever has while the little one slept early. It was awesome fishing with no boats around us on main side for the first couple hours as the fleet was west of us. Finally about 8:00 they started moving in as they realized we were catching fish steadily. Sat morning and Sunday morning my buddy, his boy, and my little one and I went out. Sat morning was a repeat of Friday morning with 10 kokes and numerous cutts. The best got saved for last though as we got into the bigger fish, landing 5 that went 20.5" to 22.75". By far the best big fish day this year and it was a fantastic way to end the season. 

Fish were caught 40 - 60 feet deep, usual glow dodgers and squids early ala Robert's system, then switching to UV flashers and pink squids with short leaders.[Image: image000000-6.jpg] [Image: image000000-7.jpg] [Image: image000000-9.jpg] [Image: image000001-7.jpg] [Image: image000002-7.jpg] [Image: image000003-7.jpg] [Image: image000005.jpg] [Image: image000006.jpg] [Image: image000007-4.jpg]
Sunrise on the water
Those are some great looking fish.
What a great weekend, made us all jealous !
Those Smiles say it all - to bad its wrapping up for ya - I sure love fall at up there
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-17-2020, 06:37 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Those Smiles say it all - to bad its wrapping up for ya - I sure love fall at up there
  Thanks buddy, but it's time to start getting ready for the upcoming hunts now and catch up on everything neglected the last couple months while we were maximizing our free time on the lake.
Sunrise on the water
Those are some real hogs.
Well done, great way to end the season congrats
Nice, great last trip, hope mine works as well as yours did
way to go Looks like I should be fishing on your side
(08-17-2020, 04:33 PM)WET1 Wrote: My family and I had our last weekend at fish camp up at Strawberry this weekend. My wife, granddaughter and I got 10 kokes and numerous cutts on Friday morning with my wife catching the most fish she ever has while the little one slept early. It was awesome fishing with no boats around us on main side for the first couple hours as the fleet was west of us. Finally about 8:00 they started moving in as they realized we were catching fish steadily. Sat morning and Sunday morning my buddy, his boy, and my little one and I went out. Sat morning was a repeat of Friday morning with 10 kokes and numerous cutts. The best got saved for last though as we got into the bigger fish, landing 5 that went 20.5" to 22.75". By far the best big fish day this year and it was a fantastic way to end the season. 

Fish were caught 40 - 60 feet deep, usual glow dodgers and squids early ala Robert's system, then switching to UV flashers and pink squids with short leaders.[Image: image000000-6.jpg] [Image: image000000-7.jpg] [Image: image000000-9.jpg] [Image: image000001-7.jpg] [Image: image000002-7.jpg] [Image: image000003-7.jpg] [Image: image000005.jpg] [Image: image000006.jpg] [Image: image000007-4.jpg]
Epic trip! Didn't think we would see them so big this year. Great finale...

TiteLines
(08-18-2020, 01:06 AM)liketrolling Wrote: way to go Looks like I should be fishing on your side
I was fishing in your holes Robert. This time of year I don't find many on the other side.

(08-18-2020, 12:36 AM)2knots Wrote: Well done, great way to end the season congrats
Thank you sir. Thanks again for your help on my gorge trip.
Sunrise on the water