Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaders
During the winter I usually tie 200 plus leaders for kok fishing and other assorted leaders for steelhead and salmon fishing. I’ve tried foam, cardboard, tackle buddies etc with limited satisfaction. When in Oregon last week my buddy had these Mack’s Leader Caddies For the salmon leaders and I ordered some, simple system and easy to get the pre-tied leaders out. They make 2 sizes, I ordered the large but the small ones are supposed to fit in vest pockets ect and would probably be good for fly leaders. I ordered mine off of Amazon 

etc[Image: 81-EF052-D-85-C7-4-F69-904-C-BED04768-CB36.jpg]

[Image: 59-E307-CA-CCDE-4-B3-B-BA82-166999263930.jpg]

[Image: F9-A18226-0394-4-A31-9085-61-B73-DC15771.jpg]
Those look handy, have a bunch of floating rigs I make in plastic bags in my pack. That looks like a much better system. How many does one hold?
(08-24-2020, 11:39 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Those look handy, have a bunch of floating rigs I make in plastic bags in my pack. That looks like a much better system. How many does one hold?
My buddy said he had 50 koke leaders in his, with the salmon leaders and bigger hooks that I saw I’d guess around 35

The large model which is in the picture is about 4”s across
I used PIPS for steelhead fishing. They are good, but keep them clean and they can freeze up in the winter. Left mine with my son when I left Washington State, but they seem a bit too big for my fly vest.
ya I can see my prerigged fly with a dropper working much better out of this set up - will also check them out
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-25-2020, 06:02 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: I used PIPS for steelhead fishing.  They are good, but keep them clean and they can freeze up in the winter.  Left mine with my son when I left Washington State, but they seem a bit too big for my fly 
The Pips Box is the smaller size these are the magnums, this one has 35 koke leaders in it currently
[Image: 2-EF4-DFA5-A7-BE-4-AEF-ABF8-F84780415-EF7.jpg]
Nice, looks like I'm gonna have to get a couple.
(08-25-2020, 09:29 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice, looks like I'm gonna have to get a couple.
My smaller “Pips Box” arrived this afternoon, probably at least an inch smaller and would definitely fit in a fly vest, capacity is reduced though also