Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to School at LB 8-24-20
Met up with BLK at Lincoln Beach this morning.  He in his Tracker Maru.  Me in my red ride (tube).  Air temp 70 and water temp 78 at 7 am launch. 

Almost got lonely...with the back to school quietness.  BLKs truck and my Blazer were the only vehicles in the parking area early...and only two other boat trailers by departure at 11ish.  Maybe things will quiet down during the week at other fishy venues.  Hope so.

Purty sunrise through the clouds and the smoke.  Just a bit of a wind ripple on the water most of the morning.  Just enough for a good drift.  But the fish were sparse and scattered.  A kitty here and a kitty there.  I think I managed about 10 for the day and BLK said he only got about 7. 

We both started out in about 9' of water.  BLK drew first slime with a chunky 28 incher.  Took me a bit longer to get started...with my biggest of the day...about 26 inches.  Everything else was 2 footer or less.  Most of my fish came from about 7-8 feet of water.

I caught one cat on a dragged chub minnow.  Everything else came on white bass...most on freshly caught young of the year whities pinned on a blue-backed silver flig.  One or two on chunks from larger whities.

The otherwise slow bite shut down by a little after 10...and the temps were rising.  So us fragile old dudes hit the ramp and headed home early.

Good to share some water with ya again, Lynn.  Hey...that rhymes.

[Image: DAWN-LAUNCH.jpg][Image: LONELY-MORNING.jpg][Image: BLK-ALL-THE-WAY.jpg][Image: TODAY-S-BIGGEST.jpg][Image: 2-FOOTER.jpg][Image: LURE-DU-JOUR.jpg]
Good on you guys. That cat with the FNWB (flig and white bass) in his mouth sure looks familiar. I've been sidelined by real life for a month or so and have about forgotten what they looked like. I should be back in the Saddle again this week and to heck with real life.

Edit: Where did that dang emoticon come from and how do I get rid of it? Or do you even see it?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Fun day Pat and I always enjoy fishing with you. Sorry my radio conked out on me (again) so I could not be more sociable in an anti-social setting. I was surprised we did not have more fishing company but then we did get to see the power boat and skier swing by to show off their talents for us. 

I caught my fish on white bass, either chunks or young'uns on a flig. Best bite of the day came from the smoked kitties you gave me... man, that stuff was good but it had a bite to it. Thanks.

Best times are yet to come on the big pond. It will be nice when the sun does not drive us off the water by 10:00 or so. Bring on September.

To be continued...

BLK
(08-24-2020, 09:30 PM)catchinon Wrote: Good on you guys. That cat with the FNWB (flig and white bass) in his mouth sure looks familiar. I've been sidelined by real life for a month or so and have about forgotten what they looked like. I should be back in the Saddle again this week and to heck with real life.

Edit: Where did that dang emoticon come from and how do I get rid of it? Or do you even see it?
I was thinking about you while out on the water today...wondering where you been and what you have been up to.  Hope your "life situations" are manageable and not too serious.  I well know how "things" can sneak up on you and alter your carefully crafted plans...especially fishing plans.

Yep.  I see the emoticon.  Take advantage of a free one.  There are a lot of times in life we could use a few more to accentuate our true feelings.

(08-24-2020, 09:35 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Fun day Pat and I always enjoy fishing with you. Sorry my radio conked out on me (again) so I could not be more sociable in an anti-social setting. I was surprised we did not have more fishing company but then we did get to see the power boat and skier swing by to show off their talents for us. 

I caught my fish on white bass, either chunks or young'uns on a flig. Best bite of the day came from the smoked kitties you gave me... man, that stuff was good but it had a bite to it. Thanks.

Best times are yet to come on the big pond. It will be nice when the sun does not drive us off the water by 10:00 or so. Bring on September.

To be continued...

BLK
I never know if it's a radio problem with you...or just an antisocial distancing thing.  But I'm getting used to talking to myself.  I do it a lot anyway.  I hear that's common among codgers.

Glad you liked the "smokitty".  I gave you the last of the batch I put aside for myself.  And I usually "kick it up a notch".  BAM.  Next time I'll make sure you get some from the "wimp batch".  That "super spice" mix I use on it is really tasty in small portions.  But a bit too much and you can cauterize wounds with it.

Looking forward to cooler times and hotter fishing.