Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pulgly Perch Bug
Getting close enough on this home rebuild/ remodel to start thinking seriously about my fall fishing plans...went digging in the rental storage and found some of my fly tying and flig make stuff - had me an idea, from my days of playing with strip foam to make grasshopper flies, to use that concept on my smaller flig hooks to make some perch bugs. Played around with a few layouts to restart my brain - then tied this pugly perch bug. I am thinking these will present a bit of crawler, or such, very nicely

Better go back to sportsmsn and get me some supplies and kick a few of these out - I can hear Rockport calling 

[Image: 20200825-162517.jpg][Image: 20200825-162507.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Those look interesting, please let us know how they work. If I’m reading into this correctly you’ll fish them as a flig rig with worm trailer?
(08-27-2020, 03:42 AM)JArner Wrote: Those look interesting, please let us know how they work. If I’m reading into this correctly you’ll fish them as a flig rig with worm trailer?

Ya they were built with a flig presentation in mind, but i expect the first test will be with  Pat certified hanger- shot set up at Rockport
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew