Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 8/26
My wife and I ventured up to Lost Creek today.  We did not start early, took a breakfast break at Carl's, stopped to get sodas at Maverik, and did not hit the lake until the sun was already up for a couple of hours.  

Very few people, 4 gentlemen fishing right next to the ramp when we launched with one other small boat with two guys in it.  

I had decided to try something different today.  I decided to run my deepest rod with one of my biggest lures in my box, with smaller versions on other rods.  Also, I decided to start by trolling some flatfish, lures that I have had in the box for years and rarely ever use. So four rods with flatfish/kwikfish, the largest a k14 kwikfish, which is 4.5 inches long and beefy.  Wouldn't you know, that big kwikfish caught 2 nice cutts, with one smaller rainbow on a small flatfish.  

I switched out the flatfish for rapalas/flicker shads.  I put a J13 jointed rapala on the deep rod.  Again, that big rapala caught a nice cutt.  The flicker shad caught two smaller rainbows and a chub.

The funnest part of the day was when I anchored up the boat over a concentration of chubs.  My wife and I had a blast catching them.  She really had the touch, and we put a bag full in the cooler for future fishing adventures.  It was drop to the bottom, start reeling up, and usually in a few seconds a bite would come.  She got a double at one point and was so proud.

[Image: FB-IMG-1598488242587-1.jpg]

[Image: FB-IMG-1598485983091-1.jpg]

[Image: FB-IMG-1598485902797-1.jpg]

[Image: FB-IMG-1598486000801.jpg]
Sounds like a great trip. LC is on my return to fishing list for the chub run too. I want to try to target the splake at somepoint but that might be an ice plan
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Congrats on the successful outing, those are some great cutt’s. I caught a chub there once while trolling for trout. Had no idea at the time I should keep some for bait. May need to take a trip up there soon.