Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek crawdads
Has anyone been up catching crawdads up at lost creek lately? I'm heading up Saturday to try for some.Its been a few years since I've thrown out some traps up their. Any reports would be awesome?
I have seen a few up there, but nothing like Strawberry.
Any luck catching the chubs in the traps?
I have not tried this year, but last summer we threw out a couple chicken legs at LC and had fun netting some mud bugs. Did not have traps with me. Each time we pulled in a leg we hade a few on it.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-28-2020, 03:12 PM)Muskybee Wrote: Any luck catching the chubs in the traps?

The chubs are currently in ~40' of water, so unless you are fishing from a boat I'm not sure that a trap would be effective.  I've never tried my traps in deep water, now I wish that I would have given it a try during my last trip up there (two trips catching chubs from shore and the last trip from my boat).
Yes, the chubs are deeper.  We caught ours in 30' of water and marked very few in shallower water.

Didn't try for crawdads, sorry no help there.
I just caught a bunch up there Saturday Wink
(08-31-2020, 11:04 PM)tigerpincer Wrote: I just caught a bunch up there Saturday Wink
We had similar success on Saturday. We mainly set out the crawdad traps and really only fished for an hour. We trolled and caught 3 bows, 1 chub and 2  slot cuts. We caught the chub on a rapala. Wasn't a bad trip except nothing with any size to them.  The biggest fish was only 16 inches with the rest all under the slot.