Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT fishing report contest
This is a contest we are starting today, so any fishing reports posted on this board after this post, is eligible to win a prize. The winner will be decided in one week, from Sunday night, by the most replies they receive. We will give the winner a BFT T-shirt and a second place prize will be given from a sampling of the plastics from Lockett lures. We know some of you are hunting right now or getting ready for hunts but if you do any fishing in the next week, please consider posting about your outing, also if you get out and fish and don't normally post about all your trips, here is a good reason to post those reports. Below, in the attached pic, is a sample of what we will be giving away. Come on folks, get some reports posted, for your chance to win!!
The winners can not win on any future contest for the items we are giving away, this will give all members a better chance of winning a prize.
[Image: BFt-shirt.jpg]

[Image: 100-2974.jpg]

[Image: 100-2975.jpg]
Sounds great, Curt. Since I have been so lackadaisical (had to look that one up) about fishing and posting this will be a good motivator. Count me in.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(08-29-2020, 03:49 PM)catchinon Wrote: Sounds great, Curt. Since I have been so lackadaisical (had to look that one up) about fishing and posting this will be a good motivator. Count me in.
Sounds good Craig, you have until a week from tonight to post a fishing report to be eligible but the sooner you post that report, the better your chance to win, Good luck. Here is a hint to you and other members, if you reply to everyone that replies to your post, you have a better chance to win.  Big Grin
You mean like, "This is a reply?"

And this is another reply?
(08-31-2020, 10:29 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: You mean like, "This is a reply?"

And this is another reply?
NO but if someone replies to you post and says something like nice catch, you could reply back to them and say, "Thanks, it was a nice day on the lake or river and my catch just made it better" or something to that effect. The OP can not say "this is a reply". Lots of members, never reply to a member when they say, nice fish or nice catch but they could and in this case it might benefit them.
My point is that this is a flawed measurement system, since the OP can boost his own reply count.

And besides, you might as well just declare Tubedude the winner right now, because he always gets plentiful comments and questions, to which he dutifully and courteously replies.
Rocky, I promise to reply twice to yours - cause I like ya

Rocky, I promise to reply twice to yours - ...
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-01-2020, 12:23 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: My point is that this is a flawed measurement system, since the OP can boost his own reply count.

And besides, you might as well just declare Tubedude the winner right now, because he always gets plentiful comments and questions, to which he dutifully and courteously replies.
Flawed, really, if that were the case why hasn't anyone taken advantage of this flaw, maybe they will after you brought it up, just to test your theory but as I pointed out, it would not count. Rocky, I guess you just have not been paying attention because this is at least the forth contest like this and I don't remember Pat winning a single one, so there goes your theory about Pat winning them all. Granted, this is the first contest where BFT shirts have been given as prizes but I've been giving out Lockett lures now for a year, using this exact same contest rules. At first I figured, as you did, that Pat would win every time but that has not been the case. Maybe Pat has been purposely not replying to all that replied to him, so he would give others a chance to win but whatever the case the results speak for themself. We are working on some other contest, so this might be the last time you have to deal with this flawed one. Thanks for your comments, hopefully what I have said with help someone win and with the rules now being changed, at least no member can win more than once.
You may be right. I don't normally pay any attention to contests. Not sure why I clicked on this one, but it may have been a "miss hit" of my mouse.

Anyway, since anglers and golfers are known for absolute truthfulness, I will now keep quiet. LOL!
To add to the suggestions Curt made I'll share an idea I have, even though it was supposed to be my secret weapon. You could always ask a provocative question in your post. Something like: "I only caught one fish on worms and I was wondering what others have found to work there at Wee Willow Bay. Or should I just try a different place this time of year? Your suggestions would be appreciated."

If this is not allowed please correct me. Any other ideas? Just to clarify, Curt, is it only for fishing reports or do other topics count, too?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(09-01-2020, 12:23 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: My point is that this is a flawed measurement system, since the OP can boost his own reply count.

Ahhh, the times they have changed...along with this website.  The days of long threads on any topic are no longer.  Except for a few inane requests for nonsensical rookie information.

It bothers me not, but my last few reports have seldom generated more than two or three responses...some of which I replied to...making total post count about a half dozen.  I try to provide useful information and to reply to any and all questions.  But the overall level of participation just ain't what it used to was.

We have lost a lot of members who formerly contributed regularly.  And the ones who have remained have  posted less than before.  You are a good example.

Probably a good reason to have posting contests.
(09-02-2020, 01:35 PM)catchinon Wrote: To add to the suggestions Curt made I'll share an idea I have, even though it was supposed to be my secret weapon. You could always ask a provocative question in your post. Something like: "I only caught one fish on worms and I was wondering what others have found to work there at Wee Willow Bay. Or should I just try a different place this time of year? Your suggestions would be appreciated."

If this is not allowed please correct me. Any other ideas? Just to clarify, Curt, is it only for fishing reports or do other topics count, too?
Good thoughts Craig. As it says in the title,"BFT fishing report contest", so yes only fishing reports will count.
I don't even pretend to understand all the inner workings of BFT but I think that our funding is dependent on usage, to put it in its simplest terms. I believe the contest is intended (for one thing) to stimulate group activity. We can all help even without a contest. "Keep those cards and letters coming" as they used to say. Myface or whatever it is called seems to be taking over and we aren't getting the share we used to. I recently became aware of a facebook group called Utah Whisker Wackerz which concentrates on catting at UL. It has nearly 1000 members, though I'm not sure how active they are, but they do put on contests at intervals throughout the year. Anyway, the more we patronize this site the better it will be for all of us.

(09-04-2020, 01:17 PM)catchinon Wrote: I don't even pretend to understand all the inner workings of BFT but I think that our funding is dependent on usage, to put it in its simplest terms. I believe the contest is intended (for one thing) to stimulate group activity. We can all help even without a contest. "Keep those cards and letters coming" as they used to say. Myface or whatever it is called seems to be taking over and we aren't getting the share we used to. I recently became aware of a facebook group called Utah Whisker Wackerz which concentrates on catting at UL. It has nearly 1000 members, though I'm not sure how active they are, but they do put on contests at intervals throughout the year. Anyway, the more we patronize this site the better it will be for all of us.
You are totally correct in your statement Craig, since the raise of FB, BFT has been in a decline. A lot of us older guys don't care for FB and I think that is why BFT is still hanging on but it does really help when members, especially those that read reports but don't reply would start to contribute to the site, by at least replying to a post every once in a while, especially if they think BFT is a good resource.