Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
idaho sturgeon
made yet another trip to Idaho this weekend for my last trip before my hunting kicks into full swing, got one sturg 6 foot 4" and a handful of smallmouth and largemouth, if you've never gone to Idaho your definitely not missing out stay in Utah and trout fish at the berry or something  Big Grin Big Grin   all of our fishing is from shore and we usually fish between twin falls and CJ strike. seemed like the bite was very soft and they prefered fresh pike minnows for bait, usually we use baby trout but no interest in them this trip. it was nice to hook into some smallies over 13 inches and one largie pushing close to 4lbs.
Very nice, would love to get up there and get onto a sturgeon bite.
My wife and my budget thank you for adding another trip to my list. That list seems to get longer everytime I check the posts on BFT
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Interesting that you caught them on pike minnows. I have tried fresh pike minnows a few times and have never even gotten a bite on them. Now that we are finally close to a month with an "r" in it, I will be planning some trips again up there.