Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday went to Strawberry to chase Kokanee
did not want to catch any but wanted to put my under water cameras down and see what was going on plus I needed to get my wife out of the house.  
put the boat in the water it was still dark went north.   started to put the downriggers down and I had left the balls home, and the garmin fishfinder.   I took every thing out of the boat to clean it. and forget to put every thing back.
was thinking about going home, because every thing I had planed would not work

but went to renegade in water that was about 40 feet my humminbird  solix was working   I have got so cuts do not turn me on to much.

had one lead line, put a yellow flatfish on that, and let out 150 feet to start with. used one other pole added a white tupe using a lot of weight to get it down on that did not have any worms so used white corn on the hooks.
was catching some  but not alot  changed the lead line to 100 feet out. and took some weight off the white tube.
then started catching one about every 15 min.  but that was slow for all the fish I was seeing on the fishfinder.  when I got in 30 feet of water did not see a lot of fish.   don't know how to fish with out downriggers

the bad thing was no big ones most were 16 to 18"  and not to fat.   and did not know how to fight.  did catch two rainbows I do not take those things home from strawberry.

at 10:30 stopped fishing, went back to the boat ramp, had to wait till 4 boats backed down the ramp then started getting there boats ready to put them  in the water seemed like it  took them a lone time to move. I did ask one to move and he did and was nice about it.

going home saw trailer after trailer on the road.   good thing I'm in the house right now

think Friday will go to fishlake, my granddaughter and her husband want to go.
Robert, are you retrainable? You could always bank tangle casting a waterwolf for something different. Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Good to see I'm not the only one that does stuff like that !! LOL A couple years ago I had to get away so at last minute I decided to run up to Strawberry alone late in the season to see if I could stir up a Koke or two. I remembered the downrigger balls !! I forgot the Downriggers, had pulled them out of the boat and stuck them in garage DUH !! I was not prepared for fishing without riggers, monkeyed around with some sinkers and diving planers got a couple cutts and had one Koke on. Cutt my losses (pun Intended) headed home with my tail between my legs. Oh well at least I got out of the valley.
Mildog
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
I hate it when I leave things home. The worst was when I drove 4 1/2 hours to try out new side-imagining fish finder on the sturgeon. I left the fish finder home!
We all feel your sense of frustration and embarrassment.   Any fisherman who claims to have never forgotten something will lie about other things too.