Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go tomorrow?
I have a brother-in-law coming up from St. George and a friend that would like to get into some fish. We will be taking my 24' pontoon out for a day trip tomorrow. We are heading out from Tooele so distance is an issue for a day trip as we have to be back by 6pm. 
Ideally I would choose Strawberry, but that's a bit of a drive for a short trip. Any tips on other places we might get into something and actually catch some fish? I know the power boaters will likely be an issue at most places with the good forecast. I'm thinking Willard, Jordanelle, Rockport(?) Any thoughts? Any good fishing at any of these right now? 
I'm not a huge fan of Jordanelle due to the mentality (or lack of) of many of the boaters there and the sheer crowds. I've never seen more rude boaters than there, and had more damage to my trailer due to people that don't know how to park theirs, but I'll try it again if fishing is good. 
Let me know your thoughts. 

Thank you!!
If perch and smallies are on your mind - RP should fo just fine

If its trout your after, it hard to beat fall fishing at the Berry

If cats with a mixed bag are your game, then WB before the power squad shows should be a nice trip.

I don't fish J much, so will let other speaknon that.

Its Sept- hard to pick a bad spot.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Not sure what the water clarity is going to be in most lakes as it's time for the algae bloom.           
E Canyon or Lost Creek like Rockport are good places but this is also a last chance for the power squadrons to hit them with exception to LC being wakeless. Some will be finished since the hunting season is now in swing but with this year of the COVID who knows who will show up at the lakes. Good luck!!!!
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I think rockport or East Canyon lost creek is good for 
Wake less speed but thay have a slot limit if keeping 
Fish is s issue utah lake might be good for kitty's
Just get out and float some where good luck