Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Birthday trip
Took son to UL / LB yesterday.  Weather was calm, cool to start  warming to a reasonable 80 on departure. 
Son caught 2 Channel Cats, first one 9 minutes after getting lines out, and second one exactly 1 hour later. 
Dad caught 1 Bullhead . 

[Image: 032-Dusty-Cat-1-0835-a-m.jpg]    [Image: 033-Dusty-Cat-2-0935-a-m.jpg]  [Image: 034-Dad-s-Bullhead-0954-a-m.jpg]

Dusty's Cat # 1 8:35 a.m.         Dusty's Cat # 2 9:35 a.m.       Dad's Bullhead  9:54 a.m.

Made an unproductive trip out to BI. Then back south out around the Orchards. Each caught another Bullhead, (not photoed). 

Called it a day about 2:30 p.m. 

[Image: 042-BI-location.jpg]  [Image: 036-Bird-Island-1038.jpg]  [Image: 039a.jpg]  [Image: 043-1209-p-m-last-spot.jpg]

Bird Island  GPS                       BI from west side                    Structure on BI..????           Last spot for the day

Intent of the  trip was to put my son on some fish, since his last trip with me to BRBR he got skunked. So that makes yesterday a successful trip.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(09-13-2020, 06:31 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Took son to UL / LB yesterday.  Weather was calm, cool to start  warming to a reasonable 80 on departure. 
Son caught 2 Channel Cats, first one 9 minutes after getting lines out, and second one exactly 1 hour later. 
Dad caught 1 Bullhead . 

[Image: 032-Dusty-Cat-1-0835-a-m.jpg]    [Image: 033-Dusty-Cat-2-0935-a-m.jpg]  [Image: 034-Dad-s-Bullhead-0954-a-m.jpg]

Dusty's Cat # 1 8:35 a.m.         Dusty's Cat # 2 9:35 a.m.       Dad's Bullhead  9:54 a.m.

Made an unproductive trip out to BI. Then back south out around the Orchards. Each caught another Bullhead, (not photoed). 

Called it a day about 2:30 p.m. 

[Image: 042-BI-location.jpg]  [Image: 036-Bird-Island-1038.jpg]  [Image: 039a.jpg]  [Image: 043-1209-p-m-last-spot.jpg]

Bird Island  GPS                       BI from west side                    Structure on BI..????           Last spot for the day

Intent of the  trip was to put my son on some fish, since his last trip with me to BRBR he got skunked. So that makes yesterday a successful trip.
Looks like Mama Nature was nice to you anyway.  Nice flat water.  You didn't mention what bait you were using.  Us UL regulars have found that the young of the year white bass tykes are getting the most interest from the predators.  That seems to be their main food resource right now.  

The other possibility for the "slow" day at Lincoln Beach was that all of us BFTers beat up on it on Friday.  We "sore-lipped" a whole lotta fish among us.

If you plan another trip down, let me know.  I'm sure I can spare some frozen bait dujour to aid your cause.  With at least a day's notice I might even join you on the water.
Pat, we were using raw shrimp. That's what both of son's channel cats were caught on, as well as the Bullheads. 
When we started, I had one line out with shrimp, and was casting various plastics on small jig heads tipped with crawler pieces in a hope of collecting up some WB.  Think we both had Whities nibble and strip some of our baits, but none took the hooks. 

But a day out in fair weather with my son (who's birthday is tomorrow) with him boating a couple cats was a good day for us both.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool