Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Sep 15, 2020
We went to Rockport yesterday and launched about 8 AM.  Trolled an assortment of trout/salmon lures and caught 8 perch.  Three were keeper size (7" & larger) with the longest at 10".  Spent about 30 minutes spot locked just off the dam with lots of fish marks below and tried power bait on hooks & jigs.  Nibbles, but no takers.  Called it a day at 1:15 PM.

This is the third trip in a row that I have been skunked on trout at East Canyon, Echo, and Rockport.  Very strange as last year at this time we were having 60 plus fish days every trip.  Hopefully, it will start to pick up now that the weather is starting to get cooler.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
You need to find a well-stocked pond...or quit paying so much attention to your fishing partner.

I'm guessing that it is still early in the transition period.  It has been hotter, longer, and I don't think the trout have gone into fall feeding mode.  Soon.
I posted last night about Lost Creek. Same, we caught a few, but I think its still been to warm to get the transition trout bite rolling. Strawberry may be the exception as I am seeing some good reports that way.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew