Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay trip 18
Got on the water and out to my "parking spot"  about 7:45 a.m.

[Image: 0116.jpg]

Very few boats on the water, and didn't see or hear any power squadron boats till after 10 a.m.  and even then they were well out in the western side of the water.  
Had a on water meet up with thatchergreg  again, and he had a new flig to show me.......... I'll let him post that and hopefully with a photo.  jjannie will get a kick out it   Big Grin

Up to that point I was looking at taking home a skunk. I fished at anchor, drifted some (in almost dead calm) 

[Image: 0117-0943-a-m-Dead-Calm.jpg]

Changed locations a few times all within the 3 waypoint marks. Finally at 1040 a.m. got the first solid hook up. Cat # 1 boated and CPRed. Cat # 2 boated at 1120 a.m. CPRed, and Cat #3 CPRed at 1155.  That was it. In just over 1 hour managed to boat 3 Cats.  
Had lots of hit and runs that turned into pop and drops. Used up all my bait, called it a day about 1:30. 

[Image: 0118-Cat-1-CPR-1041-a-m.jpg]  [Image: 0119-Cat-2-CPR-1122-a-m.jpg]  [Image: 0120-Cat-3-CPR-1155-a-m.jpg].

Was quite surprised to see only maybe 20-25 power squadron rigs in the parking lot. Guess it's getting kind of back to more like normal.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Almost Oct and still 20-25 PBs playing (sigh) at least they were kind enough to give you some breathing to chase down a few kitties
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
We were on the water too, I knew it was going to be rough fishing with the cold front going through on Saturday but we needed to get out of the house. We caught two fish one 1.5 inch shad (Me) And this nice cat my wife got.

[Image: PXL-20200920-190647074.jpg]

Other than that is was just a nice fall day on the water dragging lures around.

fnf
This is the flig tin-can was talking about.
In an earlier post I was describing a Flig color pattern and autocorrect changed wonderbread to Wonderbra. It seemed like it would catch fish so I went ahead and made one. Presenting, the one and only, Wonderbra flig.
[Image: 20200921-145443.jpg]

[Image: 20200921-145421.jpg]
(09-21-2020, 10:56 PM)thatchergreg Wrote: This is the flig tin-can was talking about.
In an earlier post I was describing a Flig color pattern and autocorrect changed wonderbread to Wonderbra. It seemed like it would catch fish so I went ahead and made one. Presenting, the one and only, Wonderbra flig.

Very "uplifting".  Should double your catch.
(09-21-2020, 10:56 PM)thatchergreg Wrote: This is the flig tin-can was talking about.

lol....... Big Grin   I was wondering if you were gonna post a photo of that........

Cool

Oh my gosh! I need a couple. LMAO!
Well I know it floats cuz Greg tossed to me and it went in the water. Now I want to see it catch fish................. Big Grin

Cool
It took me a while to get some photos posted, the flig was temperamental and pouty. The photo shoot stalled when she demanded an agent and a professional photographer. Never again! Big Grin
(09-23-2020, 08:55 AM)thatchergreg Wrote: It took me a while to get some photos posted, the flig was temperamental and pouty. The photo shoot stalled when she demanded an agent and a professional photographer. Never again! Big Grin

Hahahahah   Big Grin   I was thinking that maybe the other fligs in your kit got jealous and tied a 3 ounce weight to that one and toss her overboard......    Big Grin Big Grin

Cool