Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotabigun at LB
I went out for a couple of hours today to try to catch some of those big cats everybody seems to be scoring at UL recently. Happy to say I hauled in a 32"er. Took pictures with 3 cameras to be sure I got it right but I am not ready to post any yet so be patient. Then I let her go before I remembered I was going to have my wife take a trophy shot of me with the fish. She felt a lot worse about it than I did. She's the best.

I upped my contest score by a few points and am able to add to the team score which was one of my recent goals. Go South!
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

When I was down the for a "work related" drive the one I seen yo catch looked more like 3 or 2 inches, its hard to tell with out one of the pics form one of the 3 cameras.

sounding fishy to me.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
That was the only wb bass I caught but it provided more than enough bait for the 2.5 hours I fished. It was more like 9 inches. All the fish I got were caught on the head or tail. I had several fish like the head but I couldn't hook them. They tore it up pretty good. I got the big one on a little tail section. I looked at that closure sign you pointed out to me. I saw zero algae wherever I went. Weird.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(09-22-2020, 07:23 PM)catchinon Wrote: That was the only wb bass I caught but it provided more than enough bait for the 2.5 hours I fished. It was more like 9 inches. All the fish I got were caught on the head or tail. I had several fish like the head but I couldn't hook them. They tore it up pretty good. I got the big one on a little tail section. I looked at that closure sign you pointed out to me. I saw zero algae wherever I went. Weird.

Craig, be sure you post that big-un on the contest thread soon.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Wink 
(09-22-2020, 07:35 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 07:23 PM)catchinon Wrote: That was the only wb bass I caught but it provided more than enough bait for the 2.5 hours I fished. It was more like 9 inches. All the fish I got were caught on the head or tail. I had several fish like the head but I couldn't hook them. They tore it up pretty good. I got the big one on a little tail section. I looked at that closure sign you pointed out to me. I saw zero algae wherever I went. Weird.

its only 9 he said,  ohh for the small fish contest,?

there was no enforcement there I would have said whaaaat there is, like you did.?
               O.C.F.D.
(09-22-2020, 07:43 PM)MSM1970 Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 07:35 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:

its only 9 he said,  ohh for the small fish contest,?

there was no enforcement there I would have said whaaaat there is, like you did.?
    I thought he was serious about a big Cat..........   and 9 inches for the small cat is almost twice as big as  the current leading small cat.. 

Cool
not sure eagerly awaiting for one of the pics, I can verify the little guy, I seen that one?
               O.C.F.D.
I was serious about the big one. We just have a baby shower (I know) that is keeping us busy all day, then I'm going scouting for elk tomorrow so it might take a few days before I can post it.

(09-22-2020, 08:20 PM)catchinon Wrote: I was serious about the big one. We just have a baby shower (I know) that is keeping us busy all day, then I'm going scouting for elk tomorrow so it might take a few days before I can post it.

OK.  Will wait with bait breath, or however that goes........................

Cool
Sure catch the big ones without me and catch them in troves. That great that you have a new pb...wtg
yeah craig i got a 32"er to, but lost my camera as i was reeling it in Wink
Hey, well done Craig. I think we are on track to thump those norhern guys this year. Looking forward to a pic of your PB. I'll be out there tomorrow so I'll try to up the southern score a bit more. Good times coming.
Can't wait to see it.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Well, Lynn, I'd love to meet you out there tomorrow but we're going to the Uintas to scout for elk. I feel a lot of pressure off after getting this one, so I can concentrate more on hunting for a while. If I have it right it looks like the only ones with higher scores are you, Jig-fisher and Ahi, and I never dreamed I would be even close to you champions, let alone pass any of you. But keep after them; you just need to get a couple of 33s to reach a "perfect score" of 100 points.

Here's a picture of the big girl.

[Image: 9-24-20-32in.jpg]