Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing magazines
Don't intend this to be an advertising post, but I'd sure like to get your opinions here...I'm currently getting 2 fairly good fishing magazines, and need to reduce to just 1....(too much paper in my house).... Game and Fish -West, and In-Fisherman....I guess both are good at times; Game and Fish because it does concentrate reports on our Western states (but then a lot of deer hunting stories), and In-Fisherman because it's all fishing (but always heavily loaded with bass tactics-yeah, ok for bass fanatics, not enough ice fishing IMO)....anyhow, any opinions on these, or you got 1 that's way better for mostly our in-state fishing??
I get In-Fisherman as my only magazine. I'm fine with the spread of species they cover; my complaint is with their subscription renewal service (which they contract out). A new sub direct from the magazine is $8 (sometimes $6) but the renewal service charges $20. The lesson is: don't renew. Let your sub run out and then start a new one at the magazine website.
I don't receive any type of paper subscribed magazines.  I used to watch the TV show of In-Fisherman several years ago. Since I'm not in the south anymore and don't target LMB, and I don't live where Pike and Musky are prevalent, and as yet have not been able to make a trip to try for Alaska Salmon, or Idaho Sturgeon, The information I can normally get right here on BFT has been quite sufficient and sometimes way more than I need.   Smile
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Can't help you Joe.  I have no use for published paper items.  There are just way too many digital options available to all of us.  And digital stuff is way cheaper if there are any costs at all.  
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I subscribe to In-Fisherman. Although it is primarily based for Bass fishing I find that a lot of the tatics used for Bass will work for trout fishing.
I've subscribed to several over the years, my favorite right now is In-Fisherman, because it has info about walleye, perch and crappie but I also subscribe to Field and Stream. I subscribed to Outdoor Life for over 40 years but finally let it expire when I too needed to down scale on my subscriptions. I also subscribed to the one you mentioned Joe but it was not as helpful as In- Fisherman has been to me at least.
Tks all; I respect and 'preciate your opinions...do believe I'll stick with In-Fisherman, as they do include some good pan fish info with all the other stuff....Bob, I just like to have an item once in a while, that usually works, that doesn't require a battery or a motor.. (OK, or a whole lot of thought either!) That would be a magazine..I usually just pay their 6 or 8 bucks also, and sometimes even get some freebie with it also...And no doubt we get some good local info on this BFT site, just not as relaxing as sitting back in my old-guy recliner chair, sometimes closing my eyes for a few minutes (OK, maybe 30 or 40), wondering if I can improve my technique after something I read, or getting a chuckle reading the latest "North With Doc" story.....Tks again, and Guluk....
sittin on the crapper trying to read digital options doesnt do it for me
i give money for fly fish journal and the drake
and no most youse dont need to pay more for the drake
that 8 bucks for baitdunkers things a joke
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom