Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Lake Salmon
Just wondering if the Salmon are still spawning right now? I'd like to take my kids up to see them.
Wish I could answer your question, but I don't have any intel pro or con. My guess is that you are a bit late for the big push but might find late runners.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I would think that there are still some fish in the stream but I wouldn't want you to drive down on a guess so I've attached the phone number for the southeast region DWR office, they should be able to tell you for sure.

Good luck, they are neat to see this time of year.

Phone: 435-613-3700
I don't know how far your willing to travel but Strawberry has an excellent showing of the salmon coming in the river up to the holding pens but timing is everything. DWR usually has a display of egg harvesting educating the public. I went a year ago about mid September when the the run was in full swing. There might be remnants of fish still coming in but don't know if DWR is allowing folks to view holding pens with COVID-19. You can always call ahead to check if viewing still possible. The link below provides information who to contact.

https://www.utahoutdooractivities.com/kokanee.html 

[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: 5-D9-DFFEE-72-A4-4-D32-89-A4-AA3-C8-EC05-A49.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
There were still some in the inlet streams on Monday 10/19
As of Tuesday 10/20/20 there were a few stragglers at Strawberry. However, I wouldn't make a long drive just to see a few spawners. T
here wasn't that many.