Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho license fees - what am I missing?
I just read that the Idaho license fees are increasing for nonresidents. 

"Most nonresident hunters, anglers and trappers will pay higher prices for licenses, tags and fees starting Dec. 1. Price increases will vary by item, but here are new prices for some of the most popular licenses and tags for adult nonresidents:
  • Nonresident combination hunting/fishing license increase from $240 to $264 
  • Nonresident hunting license increase from $154.75 to $185 
  • Nonresident fishing license increase from $98.25 to $108 
  • Nonresident deer tag increase from $301.75 to $351.75
  • Nonresident elk increase from $416.75 to $651.75
Nonresidents cannot buy 2021 hunting, fishing or trapping licenses until Dec. 1, however, they can buy three-year licenses at current prices, which will be valid through 2022."

So, as I read this, I can purchase a three-year license, before Dec. 1st, and of course I would need to pay for three years and it will only be valid for two years!  Under what circumstances does that make sense?  What am I missing?
I think that they are including 2020 on that deal. Why not charge you for a year that is almost over.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(10-22-2020, 02:21 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: I think that they are including 2020 on that deal. Why not charge you for a year that is almost over.
I think you are right, but I doubt that there are many folks who are interested in purchasing an annual fishing license for only one month, or perhaps two months if they purchase it right away.  Idaho still runs their licenses like Utah did, until just a few years ago.  All annual Idaho fishing licenses expire on December 31st.
(10-22-2020, 01:41 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: So, as I read this, I can purchase a three-year license, before Dec. 1st, and of course I would need to pay for three years and it will only be valid for two years!  Under what circumstances does that make sense?  What am I missing?
The circumstance under which this makes sense is the one where you purchased this 3-year license in December of 2019.  Just saying.  If you haven't already purchased that license, then it would be financially unwise to buy it now.  But I'm pretty sure you already know that.
   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(10-22-2020, 01:25 PM)dubob Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 01:41 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: So, as I read this, I can purchase a three-year license, before Dec. 1st, and of course I would need to pay for three years and it will only be valid for two years!  Under what circumstances does that make sense?  What am I missing?
The circumstance under which this makes sense is the one where you purchased this 3-year license in December of 2019.  Just saying.  If you haven't already purchased that license, then it would be financially unwise to buy it now.  But I'm pretty sure you already know that.
   Big Grin
Idaho should follow Utah;s lead and have you spend hundreds in application fees and never get any license. With the Utah plan you pay and then skip several Years.
(10-22-2020, 01:25 PM)dubob Wrote:
   Big Grin

Yep, I totally get and got that.