Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay .... still fishing
Made a trip out to WB south yesterday. Arrived just after 8 a.m. and I was the only angler there in boat or on the bank.  A few more showed up a bit later. Weather was calm, and air a bit cold initially. By 9:30 warmed up enough to take off the quilted overalls . Breeze picked up just enough from the north east to allow a .35 - .50 mph drift. 
Kept my no skunk streak going with 2 willing Cats. 

[Image: 0165-Trip-31-29-Oct-2020-0835-a-m.jpg]     [Image: 0168-1010-a-m-Cat-1.jpg]     [Image: 0169-1118-a-m-Cat-2.jpg]

Back a few trips, one of the line guide eyelets on a favorite Shimano 7 ft. one piece, med-heavy, spinning rod, had broken off.  I had not quite been able to dispose of that rod and about a week ago I saw one of those do-it-yourself fix-it hacks on Facebook that showed a broken eyelet being replaced with a safety pin.  I figured, what the heck and gave it a shot. 
Took that rod with me yesterday to give it a test. I figured that jury-rigged eyelet would come off on the first good tussle with any cat of moderate size. 
As it happens, both cats caught yesterday were on that rod, and the "new" eyelet held up and functioned fine. 
It don't look fancy, but it worked.  Think maybe over the coming winter I'll tinker with it some. See if I can't make it more 
visually appealing.  Blush  .

[Image: 0166-0844-a-m.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool