Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 2021 ice fishing contest
Hello fellow hard deck junkies. I am starting to form ice crystals in the tips of my toes in the morning and my meal worms are singing " hear fishy fishy " - must mean its about time to break out the ice gear. 

Cookie and I (mostly  Cookie) will be setting up and tracking the annual Utah BFT ice fishing contest.  

Look for a formal post of rules and sign up info and such in the next few days on the contest page.

In the mean time, if you have suggestions or ideas you would like to see incorporated into the contest, let us know.

Hope to  share some jerky on the ice with yall and see some great catches. And please use safe ice methods. No perch swimming is worth your life.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Will be looking forward to the fun, thank you two very much for taking this on... One suggestion leave your fridge door open so the ice will get here sooner... just kidding... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
is it gonna be who catches the most species, biggest species?
Thanks for stepping up, Cowboy and Cookie! It's going to be a fun Ice Fishing Challenge again this year.
(11-03-2020, 02:56 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: is it gonna be who catches the most species, biggest species?
It will likey feel much like last years rules, but we are sure open to ideas
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Great!
Where do I sign up at?
(11-03-2020, 02:57 PM)hookngrinin Wrote: Thanks for stepping up, Cowboy and Cookie! It's going to be a fun Ice Fishing Challenge again this year.

We are looking forward to it. Do you by chance have a copy of the scorecard spreadsheet. I can build one but I would rather go fishing Smile
You were my first thought when I heard we needed someone to take over the job. I know you'll do great. (Please remember this sincere kissing up when it comes time to judge my fish!)
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

My friends - the official rules will post shortly on the Contest Challenge thread. Please read them. Its our first run at this so we welcome suggestion or if you see a conflict or error please point it out. If you can twist an arm to get us some cool prizes that would be great too. I am in arm twisting mode and am lining up a few things.

To be part of the contest, comment on the rules threat, in the contest page (not this thread): that you want to be included and have read and understand the rules.

Cookie will start building the tracking sheet with your names. We will post that after a few days, so watch for that and check for your name.

if we miss your name or miss a post with a fish, please PM us and we will get it fixed.

Tight lines and thick ice - C & CBP
(11-06-2020, 11:17 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 02:57 PM)hookngrinin Wrote: Thanks for stepping up, Cowboy and Cookie! It's going to be a fun Ice Fishing Challenge again this year.

We are looking forward to it. Do you by chance have a copy of the scorecard spreadsheet. I can build one but I would rather go fishing Smile
Absolutely! I'll send my tracking spreadsheet to you.
(11-03-2020, 02:06 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:  

Look for a formal post of rules and sign up info and such in the next few days on the contest page.
Where is this contest page you speak of? I love ice fishing and if it is feasible for me to get out fishing more in the near future this is something I might want to try.
Gabe
(11-10-2020, 07:18 PM)Freakyfisherman Wrote: Where is this contest page you speak of? I love ice fishing and if it is feasible for me to get out fishing more in the near future this is something I might want to try.
Gabe

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdis...hp?fid=100