Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Craft at Rockport 11-5-20
Great day for small craft at Rockport today...3 or 4 kayaks out, 3 or 4 12 to 14' small alum. fishing boats, my canoe, a couple pump up tunes, and 1 or 2 larger boats that braved the muddy ramp bottom....I chose caution, so went with the canoe....Amazing morning...only a slight breeze for maybe 15 minutes, then smooth seas the rest of the time, 'til we left at 1230....We saw nets in the water, ours dipped in 4 times...all quality rainbows...smallest 16.5, 1-17"er, and 2-18"ers....several hard hits missed, made us wish we could have stayed longer, but duty back home called..might be the last time on water this season, but who knows what the weather will be in 2 weeks....maybe ice?? That'd be ok too...Guluk..
Good going Joe. Glad you were able to get up there and snag a few. Sounds like a perfict day for a canoe. Duck hunting must be off the board for now?

Vi and I drove up there on a recon a while back and could see where they have been moving dirt from the  ramp in order to enable boaters to get to the water. We did not do any fishing.

rj
If you were there wed, then I may have seen you. I was there early up by cedar point but left pretty early. I did see a number of trollers with tight lines. These last two days have sure been nice to be out on the water. Tommarow looks a bit tough though.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Hey Cowboy--I was just up there today, Thursday...You still finding some perch there?  Looked like we may have seen some good schools on our sonar as we were trolling....
R2U2 -- Hey Rich--I've taken my kayak out a few times for the duck hunt..no banner days, but a new tool to get away from the dikes..and just a lot of fun..little fishing now and then when the ducks aren't flying...Hey, I need your airboat!!  Sounds like you guys did great at Ut Lake on the kitties this year... Big Grin