Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
video to get you ready for ice fishing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwkl6OfA...ewlyHooked

Bob was talking about what new stuff your buying for ice fishing
That guy has a sweet set up. It would be fun to have a school of large mouth bass, show up while ice fishing.
Nice find there, now it has me looking for a camera to add to the arsenal.
I had one in my hand last week (live scope) but Cookie squealed at the price. I guess I got to sell more worms out of my garage.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(11-13-2020, 12:27 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I had one in my hand last week (live scope) but Cookie squealed at the price. I guess I got to sell more worms out of my garage.
After seeing this video, I think I will save my money and stick with the vexilar. The livescope seems to be behind just a bit versus realtime, and the fish seem farther away than what the livescope was displaying. I catch plenty of fish with my vexilar. My two cents....

Gabe
(11-13-2020, 01:33 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 12:27 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I had one in my hand last week (live scope) but Cookie squealed at the price. I guess I got to sell more worms out of my garage.
After seeing this video, I think I will save my money and stick with the vexilar. The livescope seems to be behind just a bit versus realtime, and the fish seem farther away than what the livescope was displaying. I catch plenty of fish with my vexilar. My two cents....

Gabe

The vexilar is an awesome unit. Can't go wrong with sticking to it.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(11-13-2020, 01:33 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote:

Gabe
I'm with Gabe.  I'll stick with my Vexilar.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
The thing they didn't show with the live scope is how it looks sideways and can show you fish around you out to over a hundred feet. I'm with you on the looking down and fishing under you I don't think I'd pay the extra money for the live scope either, but when you see how it can look out around you and see where the fish are and if you need to relocate to a better spot it can help with that, but I personally still think they are way over priced for the capability that they offer, but if you have plenty of money they do save drilling lots of holes and prospecting for fish around you... I'm sure this capability will keep improving too...

Been hearing stories of the submarine drones that give you a moveable camera under water to scout around you, but they aren't cheap either, and from what I've found with my camera, these things are fun but they can sure cut into the fishing time as your playing with setting them up and looking around rather than catching fish... But there are days when the camera may save the trip, so nice to have tools, but I'm not sure you need them for every trip... Good fish finder/flasher is way high on my ice fish recommendations though. After having my finder go down last year I learned how important they are and I don't want to be without mine again... Anyway thanks for the video, was a fun watch and it would sure be fun to find that kind of numbers of LMB in one spot.. Getting me excited to get back on the hard deck... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!