Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fall flig fashions
I really dislike this time of year, too cold and windy to take out the boat, not cold enough for ice. With no yard work needing done Smile  And not enough motivation to start painting inside the house I turned to flig making. Its all about priorities.
With ample time and a wild imagination I set out to create the ultimate fish catching patterns. With good weather forecast for Tuesday they should get a chance to show their stuff.
From top to bottom; Cotton Candy, Golden Carp, Pink Swirl & Yellow Belly Grape, Gizzard Shad ( side & top views), Baby Pink Perch & Baby Shad.
I'm sure the carp and shad patterns will produce, the others, well, we'll see.

[Image: 20201115-103055.jpg]
Alas, it looks like you have succumbed to the bane of all tacklecrafters...always looking for that magical new color that is going to revolutionize fishing.  The good news is that they all look good and will likely catch fish...somewhere and sometime.  And over time you will adopt a select few as your "besties" and the rest will just languish in your lure boxes.  I know.  Been that, done there...or whatever.

Seriously, there are some good colors and fine workmanship evident there.  The rest is up those finicky fishies.
Those looks mightily fine I really like the cotton candy and carp good thing I'm not a fish I would get a hook in my lip...guess that is why they catch the fisherman first in their own way haha
I'm impressed and I bet the fish will also be impressed.
You are cranking out some pretty bling. I bet the fish will give them a nod of approval
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
As much as I like elaborate paint patterns, the simple ones, silver/ blue or wonderbread seem to catch more. Most likely plain silver or white would catch the most but where's the fun in that.
Pat, I understand languishing tackle, I have several boxes of it in the basement. What can I say, it looked good in the store. Rolleyes
you guys  have top-notch talent, now come up  with a flig that will catch a 50 lb laker,  Pat has came up with one that will catch a 8' Sturgeon.
(11-16-2020, 02:46 PM)liketrolling Wrote: you guys  have top-notch talent, now come up  with a flig that will catch a 50 lb laker,  Pat has came up with one that will catch a 8' Sturgeon.
Hey Robert, those "Kong" fligs...in either the rainbow trout or white with red spots...have already accounted for a few "Big Macks".  Nothing over about 30 pounds that I am aware of, but with a piece of sucker meat...at the Gorge...or cisco at Bear Lake...those things do get some votes.  As with all fishing, the key is to find ACTIVE fish and then put your offering in the right place...with the right technique.
[Image: LONG-KONG-FLIGS.jpg]
I have enjoyed your sturgeon reports.  Sounds like you got 'em somewhat figured out...until the next trip.