Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As my Utah friends prepare for ice fishing....
The weather here in Florida is just starting to cool off and the humidity is dropping, great time for some fishing...me and a couple buddies headed over to the east coast last week and fished Sebastian Inlet, looking for some bull reds, we missed quite a few the week before and went back for shots at 40 inches. Sadly the reds didn’t make an appearance this day but we did get into a few slot snook that hit the 32” mark, just small enough to keep. Wow, did they make some tasty blackened filets. Anyways, enjoy the ice, I will miss it, lots of fun out on frozen strawberry.[Image: 69-C8-B59-D-E902-44-B3-9219-3-FB4-C6-E93917.jpg]

[Image: E1326501-8-B8-B-4-D6-B-B14-E-0-AD9005-ECAD7.jpg]

[Image: BB5-B0-C43-9-BEC-4638-8-C49-CCD0-B4-BC454-F.jpg]

[Image: E3-F1-B4-D4-872-E-4-B49-BADB-9-EEA9978-B9-D4.jpg]
Great fish! Glad to see you getting into them. Looks like there will still be a few days of fall fishing at Strawberry here before the ice comes.
Mike, great looking fish. At my age, your style of ice fishing appeals to me more each year.
(11-17-2020, 03:41 PM)_6x_ Wrote: Great fish!  Glad to see you getting into them.  Looks like there will still be a few days of fall fishing at Strawberry here before the ice comes.

glad to hear, hopefully you get a few more soft water trips, gotta be getting chilly though. I really don’t miss the cold, when it gets in the 50’s here I am freezing!!!

(11-17-2020, 04:28 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Mike, great looking fish.  At my age, your style of ice fishing appeals to me more each year.

yes Kent, as much as I love ice fishing I don’t miss the getting bundled up and packing a bunch of gear, nice to throw on the shorts, t-shirt and flip flops and get on the boat and go. I got pretty lucky as I made a good friend with one of the Sgt.‘s at my new PD. He is also a charter boat captain and has shown me the ropes around here, even let me fish some of his spots, his boat also goes off shore so I get to catch other fish than the inshore species that my skiff allows me. All and all it was a good move, more water salt and fresh and so many species of fish! I think we are taking a trip to the Everglades and just stop and fish the canals for a day or two.
Nice fish. Good luck on your Everglades trip. My brother is always talking about canal fishing in Florida. Be sure to post your catches.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Oh Yeah!  Snook are my second-favorite fish on the planet to catch.  And then, the keepers are soooooo tasty.  Win-win.  And they don't live where its cold!  Strawberry ice, or any other ice for that matter, got 'nothin' on Florida fishing.  The fishing capital of America.  Go to the Everglades.  There's tarpon in them canals.  And nice bass.  A few have Peacocks.  Small snook too.  Get 'em.
Great looking snook! I fished the Sebastian Inlet a few years ago. It's a lot of fun and a very interesting fishery.
Great looking fish Mike Cool .  Never got to fish from a boat in those areas while I lived in South Georgia. But did lots of fishin in some of the rivers and lakes.  That may be what spoiled me for being able to fish all year without needing to "bore holes in hard water"    Big Grin  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
nice fish
 color me jelly
florida got great fishing possibly the greatest
its the when you google "florida man"
stuffs that limits my time or desire to stay Tongue
utah = greatest snow
its what brought and keeps me here
not that icefishing isnt exhilarating
"I have found I have had my reward