Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry from the boat Monday 11-23
My brother and I hit Strawberry on Monday in my boat.  Only two other outfits in the Strawberry Bay Marina parking lot when we left at 1030.  Water temp was 40.6 most of the day. 

We fished five spots, starting first over by the east portal, the around from haws toward big hole, and over to Renegade.  I fished white tube jigs with a crawler and my brother was throwing streamers (green and white) on his fly rod.  

It was glass till the afternoon and then a slight chop to the water in the mid afternoon.  I took an early and pretty good lead, with fish being down on the bottom and easier for me to get to than my bro with his sinking line.  In the evening, he caught at a faster rate than I did as they raised up toward the top of the water column.

It wasn't fast and furious, but it was steady.  I stopped counting in the 30's.....  pretty sure between the two of us we caught 75-80 fish.

The water is cooling down and for us it seemed like the fish were a little less in the mood to chase hard.....

Might be the last boat trip for me this year Sad
Sounds like a great day on the water and you can't beat a low wind day at the Berry. Any slot busters?