Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sturgeon Video, fun times more fun than a perch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWwpClEX...el=RobertG

It is hard to keep your boat clean fishing for sturgeon.
(11-30-2020, 08:02 AM)liketrolling Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWwpClEX...el=RobertG

Great video Robert, who cares if your boat got dirty, it's just a part of the adventure. When was this video taken?
(11-30-2020, 08:02 AM)liketrolling Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWwpClEX...el=RobertG

Thanks for the Video Robert, I would love to get out with you on a sturgeon trip sometime. Would you consider doing a video showing rigging, boat positioning/anchoring, casting/spread, take down/hook set? I'm not asking for much am I;-)
Well, now pardner, if'n perch growed to be 8 feet long...that would be a better comparison.  Not sure I would wanna launch my float tube in waters that had perch that big though.  I'd probably get et.

Loved the video.  You do good work.  And I don't remember your boat getting that messed up from kokanee fishing.
I could make a video but most of it is not my own stuff.
 best thing is for me to take you fishing.   this year two times we came home empty.
both times we had bites but for some dumb things I did we lost the fish.   
The most I have got in one day is 9 and that was one fun day. and a lot of work.
this winter you should be able to  go through all the videos on youtube, how to rig for sturgeon.
I have changed alot and still learning.   
lets hope the price of gas does not go up next year.
(11-30-2020, 07:33 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I could make a video but most of it is not my own stuff.
 best thing is for me to take you fishing.   this year two times we came home empty.
both times we had bites but for some dumb things I did we lost the fish.   
The most I have got in one day is 9 and that was one fun day. and a lot of work.
this winter you should be able to  go through all the videos on youtube, how to rig for sturgeon.
I have changed alot and still learning.   
lets hope the price of gas does not go up next year.
I'll plan on hitting you up for a seat sturgeon fishing next fall towards the end of Kokanee season. Speaking of Kokanee, I'll be up in Idaho pulling them through the ice this winter In Mackay and possibly Ririe if it has safe ice, both of those places are great for chasing numbers on the ice or in the boat, they are only 12-14" but 50 fish days are not uncommon. I plan on getting my boat out on Jordenelle late winter to early spring chasing the quality Kokes there too, I'm sure we will continue to compare notes.
Well done Robert. Thanks for sharing.
Fun video Robert, but I have never had a problem keeping my boat clean while fishing for sturgeon. Keep the bait in a cooler and always use a bait bucket when putting on bait. You are a brave man to leave your outboard down while landing a sturgeon. So easy for your line to get cut off in the prop.