Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington and Scofield report: 12/4
Got to Huntington by about 8:30 this morning. Solid 8" of ice everywhere I went, and the snow wasn't too bad and no slush. I tried fishing at 10 feet deep, and walked a ways out to 16 feet deep. One hole I drilled started to fill up with tons of tiny bugs. They were so small they just looked like black specks, but I could tell they were alive by the way they were swimming in the hole. No luck for fish anywhere I tried, so I left at 1:30 and thought I'd check out Scofield.

There were more people at Scofield but the ice was beautiful and clear, sold black. Like walking on a mirror (bring cleated soles if you can). I set up a jaw acker first with a white Ratso and meal worm close to the bottom. Before I could get my jigging pole out, the jaw jacker snapped up with a bite, and I pulled in a nice fat cutthroat. I proceeded to catch more with the jar jacker and others jigging with a white tube jig tipped with meal works or a night crawler. I caught about 8 in 2 hours, all were nice and healthy, not like some of the skinny ones I had seen reported this summer. 

Sure was a great day to get out.
Thanks for the report, im going to Scofield tomorrow and ive only been a couple times, what area and depth were you fishing
(12-05-2020, 04:00 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Thanks for the report, im going to Scofield tomorrow and ive only been a couple times,  what area and depth were you fishing

I was by the mouth of the dam arm. Not too far from shore in 16 feet of water. Everyone in the dam arm seemed to be doing well close to shore as the schools cruised by.