Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mill Hollow 12/5
We hit Mill hollow Saturday. I had never been there before. There was about 8 different groups on the ice. Ice was about 6 -7 inches. Everyone who was there in the morning caught plenty of fish. Our group of 3 caught 35, average size was about 9 inches. We missed a ton too, it slowed after 11am. They hit hard lures mostly, cast masters, tungsten jigs tipped with wax worms, mill worms, powerbait and night crawlers. We caught some on tube jigs as well. It was best to keep mixing it up to get them to keep biting. Sorry, I only took the one pic, and that was of my double, 2 fish, 2 lures, one line.[Image: mill-hollow-12-20.jpg]
Thanks for the report. How was the access? Were you able to drive in?

What species did you catch? Any brooks?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Sounds like a nice day. Congrats.
(12-07-2020, 06:28 PM)catchinon Wrote: Thanks for the report. How was the access? Were you able to drive in?

What species did you catch? Any brooks?
The access was good. The water level was dropping so there was broken ice near the edges but still no problem getting on the ice. The drive in was snow packed road, I think you could get in there in a car without any problems. Half of what we caught were rainbows with the rest being a mix of tiger and brook trout. We fished from depths of 12 ft of water to 16 ft. I don't think it gets any deeper than that. They were all caught either right under the ice or at 8 feet.
Excellent. I've been trying to get there for the last three years. If I don't goof around until it snows again I'll make it this year. Thanks so much for the info.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.