Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordering from Whisker Seekers
Did you realize that it's only 30 days until the opening of the catfishing contest? To get ready I will be ordering some line and other things from Whisker Seekers. They are very popular because they have some of the best catfish products out there. However they charge quite a bit for shipping, unless you order at least $50 worth or more. If anyone wants to go in on an order we could avoid the shipping charges. I could arrange to get the supplies to almost any area as we are going all over trying to catch some fish for the ice fishing contest. Please PM me if this is something you would like to do. Their orange mono line and Triple Threat hooks are very popular and get sold out early so I'm going to order pretty soon. They also feature rods designed by Chad Ferguson, a recognized expert on catfishing. Several BFT cat anglers here on BFT have used them and I could direct you to a couple if you are interested in how they perform.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig, you gonna run / manage the Cat Contest this year ? 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
definitely count me in this year, i only had one entry last year as i was super busy with scouting for hunts, i had a moose hunt that ate up about 11 weekends, anyways, Craig have you checked out any team catfish gear? i use there hooks and swear by them, i even buy the 9/0 circle hooks and grind the barbs off for my sturgeon fishing.
Forest, I thought you might do it. I have nowhere near the skills you do and with my new family responsibilities I won't have time. Not even sure how much fishing I will get in.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig, this will be my first full summer of retirement. I have been hoping to make a road trip back to Tennessee to see my 3 grand kids. The 2 youngest I have only seen in photos.  Not sure how all the covid issues will affect road travel, hotels, etc. so I didn't want to get started on the Cat contest if I was going to be gone for a few weeks.  But we shall see what happens over the next month or so. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Forest, I'm happy for you on your retirement and getting to visit the grandkids. Some of mine are relatively close but we have stayed away until the pandemic eases.

I'll be sending in the order in a couple of days. Get back to me ASAP if you want to be included. I have requests from Mooseman and BRL1. If I missed anyone, let me know. Thanks.