Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo Harbor report 12/24/20
Joatmon went very early to Provo Harbor and I joined him later. Before I got there he had caught a different species than the usual. Turned out to be a largemouth bass. We've been trying for the last two years to get some to post on the Challenge. We have tried places where people do catch them but I never thought we would end up scoring one at UL. He caught several of the smallest wb, the perfect catfish bait, as well as the usual size, plus several perch. I ended up with one wb and four perch. One gave me a bump in the contest at 10". The wb were down low but the perch were even lower, just a couple of inches up. I got all mine on wb belly skin on a white and green tungsten jig. Not sure what all  Brett used. While we were there hook_sets dropped by to see how we were doing. He fishes there more than anybody I know and told me to cut my bait in half. That seemed to help. Maybe the size of two waxworms. He also told us that the bluegill and crappie hang out more at mid-column, around 5 feet down. Brett saw some on his flasher at that depth but they wouldn't bite.

Just a heads-up. The other night the Ranger was stopping every car that came in and I assume they all got tickets for not having passes. Mine expires at the end of the month. Anyone know the best way to get a new one?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I was able to get mine online. It took three weeks to get it delivered so there is that to consider. Maybe call around and see if the usual place have any.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Monday go to the dwr building on north temple and just east of redwood they should have some
(12-24-2020, 09:42 PM)catchinon Wrote: Joatmon went very early to Provo Harbor and I joined him later. Before I got there he had caught a different species than the usual. Turned out to be a largemouth bass. We've been trying for the last two years to get some to post on the Challenge. We have tried places where people do catch them but I never thought we would end up scoring one at UL. He caught several of the smallest wb, the perfect catfish bait, as well as the usual size, plus several perch. I ended up with one wb and four perch. One gave me a bump in the contest at 10". The wb were down low but the perch were even lower, just a couple of inches up. I got all mine on wb belly skin on a white and green tungsten jig. Not sure what all  Brett used. While we were there hook_sets dropped by to see how we were doing. He fishes there more than anybody I know and told me to cut my bait in half. That seemed to help. Maybe the size of two waxworms. He also told us that the bluegill and crappie hang out more at mid-column, around 5 feet down. Brett saw some on his flasher at that depth but they wouldn't bite.

Just a heads-up. The other night the Ranger was stopping every car that came in and I assume they all got tickets for not having passes. Mine expires at the end of the month. Anyone know the best way to get a new one?

Get your new pass on-line.  Even if it takes several weeks to get them in the mail,  you can print out the receipt / temporary pass.   Rangers will accept them, even if they are past the 7 days indicated.   Will save you driving around hunting for them at various state parks.  Recommend  printing out more than one copy in case of loss . 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Like Tin-Can said buy on line then print out the receipt.
This is what I have been doing.
Ours has always come in about week and a half.
Don't have to get around anybody this way. I'm so paranoid I figure everybody but my bride and myself have corona.