Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry kokanee ?
Planning on hitting the berry some time soon. I've never ice fished for kokes.  Any info on baits, depths and maybe a general area would be surely appreciated. 
Thanks
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
The only one I've caught was at Haw's Point a few years back, by accident, jigging for the cutts...I've never tried targeting them thru the ice, but I know every once in a while you'll hear of some guys trying for them, and actually catching 1 or 2...Problem is finding a school of them, or even a couple....lots easier when covering more water when in a boat...maybe if you're buying (or with someone) that's got one of those new $2,000 ice fish finders with 360* directional imaging....have you tried Youtubing or Googleing it?..Guluk...
Thanks.
I'll start investigating.
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Talk with the folks at the Strawberry Marina.  The first time we attempted to catch Kokeanee from Strawberry we used the shuttle service they offer and told the what would like to target.  We got lucky on that first trip and ended up icing 6 kokes, and thought we had this Koke ice fishing thing down.  Other trips out have not been successful but always fun trying.
We are now building a tracksled/snowdog machine so that we can be more mobile out there and move til we find them.