Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pineview Jan 1st
Well, I started the year off right, catching fish. Found activity at 36 ft down. 15 crappie and one perch. All were nine inches long. Ice was at least 7 inches thick. Caught the fish suspended from the very bottom up to five feet above. Used spoons and small plastics. I accessed the ice from the boat launch. The road in is snow-packed. Fished for about an hour and a half. 
Gabe
(01-02-2021, 01:08 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote: Well, I started the year off right, catching fish. Found activity at 36 ft down. 15 crappie and one perch. All were nine inches long. Ice was at least 7 inches thick. Caught the fish suspended from the very bottom up to five feet above. Used spoons and small plastics. I accessed the ice from the boat launch. The road in is snow-packed. Fished for about an hour and a half. 
Gabe
Was at Pineview today too. 37 fish total, I would guess 2/3 crappie, 1/3 perch. Got there around 8:00 a.m. and left at 3:45 p.m. Kind of died off around noon for me.
This was daytime?
(01-02-2021, 01:08 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote: Well, I started the year off right, catching fish. Found activity at 36 ft down. 15 crappie and one perch. All were nine inches long. Ice was at least 7 inches thick. Caught the fish suspended from the very bottom up to five feet above. Used spoons and small plastics. I accessed the ice from the boat launch. The road in is snow-packed. Fished for about an hour and a half. 
Gabe
Do you have to buy a parking pass for pine view in the winter
(01-02-2021, 02:08 AM)T-Boz Wrote:
Gabe
Do you have to buy a parking pass for pine view in the winter
I don't think they charge to park in the winter. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong. Accessibility will be an issue in the near future. As soon as there is significant snowfall, finding parking will be difficult. I heard the lot at Cemetary point is not plowed and the gate is locked. They don't plow into the marina. 
Gabe

(01-02-2021, 01:56 AM)Springbuck1 Wrote: This was daytime?
Yes. I fished from 830 to 10 this morning.
Gabe
Gabe, is that the Port launch you reference as your access point?  I just don't fish Pineview enough to know points beyond Cemetery Point and Port.
(01-02-2021, 05:29 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Gabe, is that the Port launch you reference as your access point?  I just don't fish Pineview enough to know points beyond Cemetery Point and Port.
I think that is what it is called. I don't boat on Pineview, too expensive. Plus, I don't have a boat, only a float tube, but I have never fished Pineview from my float tube. The fact that those big tiger musky are in there swimming in that lake doesn't sound fun. The access is past the little cove that people access the lake near the dam. You drive down a long road and there is a pay booth. 
Gabe
(01-02-2021, 05:29 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Gabe, is that the Port launch you reference as your access point?  I just don't fish Pineview enough to know points beyond Cemetery Point and Port.
Here's a Pineview map.
[Image: PINEVIEW-MAP.jpg]
Thanks TD, that map is quite useful.