Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jawjackin at the Gorge
Little over the Wyo border but we found 12in of ice from halfway hollow to one bend down stream. Definently a few pressure ridges to be wary of. The bite was very slow with exception of the many cuts & bows we hooked into. Planting efforts were well noted and I think the 8 fish limit on pups might be working. Wax worms worked for me earlier but had to switch to cut bait later in the day to get any action. Filmed a short video on the jawjackers in the wind with the bubble boxes. We've changed a few things over the years. Time to get ice campin!

Matt that Bow looks like a good one, nice job! Didn’t know you were hitting the gorge. Looks like you guys are getting some fun trips in lately. Smith and Morehouse trip sounded like fun too. Congrats. Too bad we’re heading back to work tomorrow. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-04-2021, 04:16 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Matt that Bow looks like a good one, nice job!  Didn’t know you were hitting the gorge. Looks like you guys are getting some fun trips in lately. Smith and Morehouse trip sounded like fun too. Congrats. Too bad we’re heading back to work tomorrow. Later Jeff

Thanks Jeff, it was a pretty fat bow. Got him just under the ice over 38fow in the last spot we fished. Its going to be a gorge thing from here on out for weekend trips unless somewhere closer sounds better for a day trip. There's plenty of ice for us in the Blacks & Green arms. Confluence is still a bit thin for us to be camping that far south yet.
(01-04-2021, 04:16 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Too bad we’re heading back to work tomorrow. Later Jeff
???  Heading back where?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(01-04-2021, 02:29 PM)dubob Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 04:16 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Too bad we’re heading back to work tomorrow. Later Jeff
???  Heading back where?
Matt and I work in the same office at Hill.... we aren't to the point of retirement yet... well actually we aren't in the office either, but still doing our duties on line I guess...  What day were you fishing Hyrum this week?  Hope you can find the big group of fish again this year... be fun to be able to catch more per trip... Later Jeff
(01-04-2021, 05:03 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
???  Heading back where?
Matt and I work in the same office at Hill.... we aren't to the point of retirement yet... well actually we aren't in the office either, but still doing our duties on line I guess...  What day were you fishing Hyrum this week?  Hope you can find the big group of fish again this year... be fun to be able to catch more per trip... Later Jeff
Shooting for Wednesday.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(01-04-2021, 05:09 PM)dubob Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 05:03 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
???  Heading back where?
Shooting for Wednesday.

Work, work & work. It takes up way too much of my fishing time but got to pay the bills somehow. I would join you for Hyrum if we wasn't heading back up to the Gorge on Friday. Good luck finding the schools, sounds like the size will be good for sure.
Bob, if I get my stuff caught up today, I may join you for a few hours tomorrow morning... Might take the morning off.... We'll see what I can get accomplished... Later Jeff