Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
park pass fees change
Thought you might like to see the new park fees.
Beginning January 1, 2021, Utah State Parks will be increasing the annual pass price from $75 to $100 for Utah residents; and from $35 to $50 for senior Utah residents who are 65 years-of-age and older. Money generated by these fees will be spent on maintaining visitor’s access to the best possible outdoor facilities and experiences.

In the summer of 2020, Utah State Parks increased the annual pass fee for all out-of-state visitors to $150.

any new info. on ice at starvation??
Posted at least three times now, but thanks.
I have been searching for ice info on Starvation but haven't heard any. I'll contact TopH2o and see if he knows.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(01-03-2021, 10:12 PM)catchinon Wrote: I have been searching for ice info on Starvation but haven't heard any. I'll contact TopH2o and see if he knows.
I got a report from gofish435.  He and his fly-flinging group tried to hit Rabbit Gulch but found it skimmed over.   He will probably post a report here soon.

My experience is that once Bunny Gulch skims over it hardens up pretty quick.  I'm guessing that Knight Hollow might already be fishable.  It is usually a bit ahead of most other "protected" spots on the lake.  But, as always, overnight temps, wind speeds and direction all play a part in getting hard water.
(01-03-2021, 10:18 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 10:12 PM)catchinon Wrote: I have been searching for ice info on Starvation but haven't heard any. I'll contact TopH2o and see if he knows.
I got a report from gofish435.  He and his fly-flinging group tried to hit Rabbit Gulch but found it skimmed over.   He will probably post a report here soon.

My experience is that once Bunny Gulch skims over it hardens up pretty quick.  I'm guessing that Knight Hollow might already be fishable.  It is usually a bit ahead of most other "protected" spots on the lake.  But, as always, overnight temps, wind speeds and direction all play a part in getting hard water.

As Pat said we tried to tube Starvation yesterday because the State park site posted on the 28th that Rabbit Gulch was still open water and that the rest of the reservoir had capped.  It is all capped now and I understand that folks have been ice fishing Knight Hollow for awhile now.

You know what they say about no reports.  Either the fishing is poor and no one wants to talk about it, or the fishing is great and no one wants to talk about it. Big Grin
Dang may have been the third time, but the first I seen it. I should have bought a new pass last week. I’m on my last month on my current pass. I was just thinking I only use my pass during winter months so I really don’t get my money’s worth out of them, I just hate having to pay each trip even though it would probably save me money. Thanks J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
What Jeff said.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(01-03-2021, 11:23 PM)gofish435 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 10:18 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

As Pat said we tried to tube Starvation yesterday because the State park site posted on the 28th that Rabbit Gulch was still open water and that the rest of the reservoir had capped.  It is all capped now and I understand that folks have been ice fishing Knight Hollow for awhile now.

You know what they say about no reports.  Either the fishing is poor and no one wants to talk about it, or the fishing is great and no one wants to talk about it. Big Grin
Can anyone say if the ice is good where the road crosses the water