Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport
Looking at going to Rockport on Sat.  Does anyone know if the ice would be safe enough to take snowmobile/sled on?  Also, any suggestions on what the bows an perch are biting on?  This is only my 2nd time there in about 4 years, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
If you check down the board a bit there are a few Rockport posts that might help ya. I have not been on it yet so can't offer much more than standard info of years past.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I would say yes on snowmobiles ice is like 5-6” and trout seemed to like white/pink lures I used Maribou jigs with garlic powerbait in the top of the water column 10-15 feet. Perch I use a gold spoon with perch eye or perch meat. Fished rockport twice both times it hasn’t been great for me either time.
Fished the west side last Sat....40' , several holes drilled all had bites. Came home with a limit, half were decent size.
Keep jigging, they need enticement !
Went up yesterday and had a good time with the perch. There are some decent sized ones too.
[Image: Resized-20210108-152540.jpg]