Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum question
Going to try Hyrum tomorrow.  Never been there before.  Drove past it lots of times headed to Porcupine.  Just wondering what access points there are, which is easiest to access the ice?  Day use fee to enter thru the state park?

Thank you in advance for any information.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
Last year I accessed the ice from the parking area east of the state park. There's a switch-back ramp that leads from the parking lot down onto the ice. If you've got a heavy sled, it makes it really easy. Don't know about fee to park here since I had an annual pass and hung it from my mirror just in case there was.
I’ve only accessed for ice fishing from swim beach, as noted above. I have a pass so not sure on the fee. We’re trying to decide where to go tomorrow as well. Could be Hyrum.
Day use for hyrum is 15 during the week and 20 weekends and holidays
Wow is it that steep now for a day use. Guess I will be buying a new annual pass. Anyway there are the two state park areas as mentioned the swim beach and boat ramp. They are easy access, there is the west end along the dam that is free and up on the east end there is a trail that goes down in, but only do those if your young and packing light it’s steep and can be slick. To me I just pay the fee now days. Good luck it’s been good quality but not real high numbers for me this year. Make sure you’re fishing between 8-9, you’ll get more in that hour than the rest of the day combined. Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-10-2021, 02:32 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Wow is it that steep now for a day use.  Guess I will be buying a new annual pass. Anyway there are the two state park areas as mentioned the swim beach and boat ramp. They are easy access, there is the west end along the dam that is free and up on the east end there is a trail that goes down in, but only do those if your young and packing light it’s steep and can be slick. To me I just pay the fee now days. Good luck it’s been good quality but not real high numbers for me this year. Make sure you’re fishing between 8-9, you’ll get more in that hour than the rest of the day combined. Later J

I'll bet all the state park day use fees have gone up, along with the annual pass. But even with the annual pass increase from $75.00 to $100.00 ($35.00 to $50.00 for seniors 62 and older) if you use the annual pass as often as I do in the summer, it more than pays for itself in just a few trips.  

Between March and Nov 2020, I made 34 trips to Willard Bay.  I think the daily use charge was $18.00.  If I had paid that on a daily basis, would have cost me $612.00.  So It was an obvious very large savings, and will be even at the new increased fees. 
And that doesn't count the trips we made to Utah Lake State Park at Provo, East Canyon, and  Echo. 

Purchase the annual pass online, get a printed receipt, and it will be good even if it takes a few weeks to get the pass in the mail. 

"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(01-10-2021, 08:21 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 02:32 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Wow is it that steep now for a day use.  Guess I will be buying a new annual pass. Anyway there are the two state park areas as mentioned the swim beach and boat ramp. They are easy access, there is the west end along the dam that is free and up on the east end there is a trail that goes down in, but only do those if your young and packing light it’s steep and can be slick. To me I just pay the fee now days. Good luck it’s been good quality but not real high numbers for me this year. Make sure you’re fishing between 8-9, you’ll get more in that hour than the rest of the day combined. Later J

I'll bet all the state park day use fees have gone up, along with the annual pass. But even with the annual pass increase from $75.00 to $100.00 ($35.00 to $50.00 for seniors 62 and older) if you use the annual pass as often as I do in the summer, it more than pays for itself in just a few trips.  
It appears that the senior age was increased to 65 and older.    Guess I'm back to paying full price for a couple years.