Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Panguitch Lake, UT Ice Off Fishing Time?
Hi,

Any of you guys happen to know when ice off starts at Panguitch Lake? I hear it’s very good fishing time at Panguitch, Lake during that time. I know it can vary on temperature. I wasn’t sure if it could start as late March. I see some YouTube videos of going on mid April? But wasn’t sure if people were posting videos later than made. Would the cabin lodging be open during ice off too? I go up there all the time in late spring - December. I haven’t made it there for ice off. Would the road up the I-14 from Cedar City be open all the way up to the lake too in late March or early April? 

Thank you.
I'm sure you could find a cabin to rent. They keep the road open through mammoth creek. Ice off has been earlier the last couple of years. IIrc mid march. The lake is seeing pressure like never before and a lot of people feel they have to take a limit home to prove their fishing prowess?. I'm not sure if will be as successful this year for that reason.
Depends on the year. Family lived in Cedar City for years and some years the ice came off in April, sometimes late May. I seem to remember one late March break-up.
Here's an idea. Maybe you could contact people who rent cabins in the area and see if they would alert you when the time comes. It always amazes and gratifies me how willing some people are to respond when just asked for a little help. Good luck, sounds like it will be a lot of fun.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.