Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cisco? Bear lake ice?
Hey just wondering if any Cisco are showing up on shore yet and if Bear Lake has any ice on this year? I’m planning on taking the grandkids up this weekend.
Thanks
Following. Need to know myself.
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Talked to Mike the other day and he said they are catching fish deep jigging for them, but as of that day none had hit the beach yet. No ice this year, so prepare for wading or take a boat and jig them... He didn't know if they would make it in to the beach by the festivities this weekend or not, but sounded like they are close, so any day they should hit the beach... Hopefully him or Scott will reply and get you more info... You can also call the marina in bear lake at 435-946-8501 after hours and they have a recording with current lake and fishing conditions... Wait till after 6:00 at night so you don't bother the staff, and it will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect... Good luck... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-21-2021, 01:01 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Talked to Mike the other day and he said they are catching fish deep jigging for them, but as of that day none had hit the beach yet.  No ice this year, so prepare for wading or take a boat and jig them...  He didn't know if they would make it in to the beach by the festivities this weekend or not, but sounded like they are close, so any day they should hit the beach... Hopefully him or Scott will reply and get you more info... You can also call the marina in bear lake at 435-946-8501 after hours and they have a recording with current lake and fishing conditions... Wait till after 6:00 at night so you don't bother the staff, and it will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect...  Good luck... Jeff
Great information!  Thanks Jeff
You're welcome, good luck and hope you have a great time... J
I was out at Cisco Beach this morning. Not a fish to be seen. Just a tiny thin sheet of ice covering the lake, but that melted/blew off fairly quickly once the sun came up. Will be out looking tomorrow and saturday as well.
(01-22-2021, 12:22 AM)Jonthecook Wrote: I was out at Cisco Beach this morning. Not a fish to be seen. Just a tiny thin sheet of ice covering the lake, but that melted/blew off fairly quickly once the sun came up. Will be out looking tomorrow and saturday as well.
I appreciate your update! Thanks
The Cisco still have not showed up on Cisco Beach. Was out there again this morning with a few others, and no one was seeing anything.
Seems like in the last 10 or 15 years, the time the cisco spawn is getting later. I remember they always being in there doing their thing by the 18th or 19th  of Jan, in the last two years they are just getting started in the deeper water by the 21st and their numbers in the shallows are down.
Curt I agree with your thoughts, seems to me like the shallow runs don't happen much anymore, unless we see ice, but that only happens a time or two a decade anymore... That used to be a given and great fun... Guess that's why I've started jigging the cisco if I go after them anymore... It's a lot of fun to snag them from 20 feet up... they even fight pretty well... Especially when they turn into a mac or big cutt that hits it instead of the cisco... Later Jeff