Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming gorge Saturday -Monday
I spent the weekend out ice fishing the wyoming side of flaming gorge. Fishing was really slow. We fished out of anvil Saturday morning. The only ice In anvil and  some of sheltered coves away from the main  channel.was 8 inches of ice. The main channel from the pipeline to  brinegars is all open water. We fished out of South buck board Saturday afternoon and Sunday. 10 inches plus of ice. People were spread out every where. We caught a few nice rainbows and some pup macks. This morning "monday" i fished the confluence. I arrived about 9 and fished  till 2. Ice was 14 inches thick.  We caught a healthy helping of pup Mack's jigging. I hope this post helps with everyone heading up this weekend for the burbot bash. Roads and ice were all snow free. Acces to the lake anywhere from shore.
Good report. I wish FG wasn't 5 hours from me.
Txs for report. I know that will help people..
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the report. I hope we get some more cold before the snow hits and insulates the ice.
Isn't the burbot bash on the 29-31st of January? I wish it was this weekend since I was already planning a trip to the gorge next weekend and didn't know it was the bash until a friend just told me... I'd rather not be there during the crowds... but oh well... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-20-2021, 02:39 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Isn't the burbot bash on the 29-31st of January?  I wish it was this weekend since I was already planning a trip to the gorge next weekend and didn't know it was the bash until a friend just told me... I'd rather not be there during the crowds... but oh well... Later J
The bash is next weekend
(01-20-2021, 02:39 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Isn't the burbot bash on the 29-31st of January?  I wish it was this weekend since I was already planning a trip to the gorge next weekend and didn't know it was the bash until a friend just told me... I'd rather not be there during the crowds... but oh well... Later J

Sorry Jeff it is those dates Jan 29-31, you guys are good. Heading out tomorrow at lunch. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks Matt, hope we can find a good spot to camp and find a couple burbot over night without being too crowded on contest weekend... Cold last night, so I hope that means the ice is getting thicker down at the gorge... Except for punching holes to fish, I love thick ice... Much better than falling through a thin spot... Wish I knew where all those thin spots are at the gorge, those methane vents or springs really make for scary conditions when you don't know a water as well as you should.. Especially when your traveling on sleds or wheelers that move faster and I end up checking thickness less than I should... Be looking forward to your reports, hope this weekend is a great one for you guys.. Later Jeff
PS... Do we need a new Wyoming reciprocal tag this year or are they 365 days? I can't find mine, so that probably means I need a new one anyway... or did you guys buy the Wyoming season tag instead?
(01-20-2021, 06:59 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks Matt, hope we can find a good spot to camp and find a couple burbot over night without being too crowded on contest weekend... Cold last night, so I hope that means the ice is getting thicker down at the gorge... Except for punching holes to fish, I love thick ice... Much better than falling through a thin spot... Wish I knew where all those thin spots are at the gorge, those methane vents or springs really make for scary conditions when you don't know a water as well as you should.. Especially when your traveling on sleds or wheelers that move faster and I end up checking thickness less than I should... Be looking forward to your reports, hope this weekend is a great one for you guys.. Later Jeff
PS... Do we need a new Wyoming reciprocal tag this year or are they 365 days? I can't find mine, so that probably means I need a new one anyway... or did you guys buy the Wyoming season tag instead?

You need to buy a new one. They only go year to year
(01-20-2021, 09:10 PM)Muskyon46 Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 06:59 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks Matt, hope we can find a good spot to camp and find a couple burbot over night without being too crowded on contest weekend... Cold last night, so I hope that means the ice is getting thicker down at the gorge... Except for punching holes to fish, I love thick ice... Much better than falling through a thin spot... Wish I knew where all those thin spots are at the gorge, those methane vents or springs really make for scary conditions when you don't know a water as well as you should.. Especially when your traveling on sleds or wheelers that move faster and I end up checking thickness less than I should... Be looking forward to your reports, hope this weekend is a great one for you guys.. Later Jeff

Ok, the Walmart in Evanston still open 24 hours, or should I do an on-line one?  Thanks Jeff
(01-21-2021, 01:14 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 09:10 PM)Muskyon46 Wrote:

Ok, the Walmart in Evanston still open 24 hours, or should I do an on-line one?  Thanks Jeff

No they have scaled back their hours now, so I would suggest getting it online as that's what we did after we stopped in there on the scouting trip.
Thanks Matt.... j