Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Willard bay ice status
Couldn’t find any recent notes in the big thread. Anyone know if north/south marinas have fishable ice for about 500 lbs of dudes? I want to try for a wiper through the ice.
Got a text photo from last Monday that showed the ice in really tough looking condition in the north marina and no one was on it fishing... Last i fished it, there was only about 5" of ice, so I would say it will be sketchy at best... Make sure you check as you go so you don't go through.. Good luck... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-22-2021, 05:11 PM)filletedalive Wrote: Couldn’t find any recent notes in the big thread. Anyone know if north/south marinas have fishable ice for about 500 lbs of dudes? I want to try for a wiper through the ice.
I stopped by the North marina Wednesday to check. Ice was still about 7-8 inches and slick as heck. edges solid. Talked to 2 guys that said fishing was slow, perch were 4-10 inches.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(01-22-2021, 05:11 PM)filletedalive Wrote: Couldn’t find any recent notes in the big thread. Anyone know if north/south marinas have fishable ice for about 500 lbs of dudes? I want to try for a wiper through the ice.
 I went to the S marina/Inlet after work Tuesday, upon arriving I saw that they had the inlet flowing into the bay. I talked to one of the workers from up the canal and he said it had been on since Tuesday morning and is going to stay on. The ice was already sketchy at the inlet, near the baffles. Water temp had rose from 31 degrees Monday to 39 degrees when I was leaving Tuesday night. About 5 inches of pretty soft ice. The water flowing in has raised the ice all over the bay, making most edges and big pressure ridges soft/open water.
Thank you so much. That prevents me from my s marina trip. I like my vexilar too much to lose it in a lake.