Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Ice Shelter
We are heading to FG to fish for lakers and burbot in a couple of weeks. We've decided to stay out on the ice overnight but only have a single 4-person tent. Does anyone know where we could rent or buy a 6-8 person shelter?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig I can't help you with your dilemma but just wanted to say have fun on your trip and hope your successful. It sounds like a fun trip but tiring. Be safe and we only have a few months till catfish time
(01-25-2021, 09:41 PM)catchinon Wrote: We are heading to FG to fish for lakers and burbot in a couple of weeks. We've decided to stay out on the ice overnight but only have a single 4-person tent. Does anyone know where we could rent or buy a 6-8 person shelter?
I would rent my 8-person out if you're interested. I live in the Cottonwood Heights area of Salt Lake.  
Let me know.
(01-25-2021, 09:41 PM)catchinon Wrote: We are heading to FG to fish for lakers and burbot in a couple of weeks. We've decided to stay out on the ice overnight but only have a single 4-person tent. Does anyone know where we could rent or buy a 6-8 person shelter?
If my buddy still has his six person Eskimo I will happily let you use his!
just let me know if you need it. 
he should respond early morning at the latest.
Thanks to everyone who responded. We were able to find a new one which we bought.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

How did u do that? Squat for inventory right now at the big retailers...
(01-30-2021, 01:50 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: How did u do that?  Squat for inventory right now at the big retailers...
My question to everyone is: Can retailers not get any new products at all? NO fishing supplies anywhere! All the big retailers along with small local stores have no inventory ?? Anyone heard of why??
(01-30-2021, 10:04 PM)liv2hunt Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 01:50 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: How did u do that?  Squat for inventory right now at the big retailers...
My question to everyone is: Can retailers not get any new products at all? NO fishing supplies anywhere! All the big retailers along with small local stores have no inventory ?? Anyone heard of why??

Supply and demand. Product planning for this years production was right when covid was hitting.
Scott, my son happened to be in Roosevelt and checked at the combo grocery/hadware store and they had one. Good price, too. Some days you get lucky.